• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2022

George BM

Monday is looking pretty interesting. I guess I could have put this in the other thread given the severe potential. Nice write-up by Mount Holly this afternoon, although I wouldn't characterize this period as one featuring "extreme heat" lol.

So far, our weather has remained rather benign outside of the extreme heat. But, as expected with the introduction of a well- defined boundary into an airmass characterized by temperatures in the 90s and dew points in the 60s-70s, the main story Monday is the development of showers and thunderstorms, with some potentially severe. The best upper support looks to stay off to our north at this time. Current guidance indicates development in the mid to late afternoon with the most coverage across Delmarva and southern NJ. Taking a look at some parameters and forecast soundings, this seems to fit with progged instability and shear which are highest to the south. MLCAPE could reach around 2000 J/kg coupled with 0-6 km shear around 30 kt. As a result, SPC has placed our entire CWA within a slight risk (2/5) for severe weather and WPC has introduced a marginal risk (1/5) for excessive rainfall, though we`ve been fairly dry over the past week and this should help to limit widespread flash flood concerns.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Monday is looking pretty interesting. I guess I could have put this in the other thread given the severe potential. Nice write-up by Mount Holly this afternoon, although I wouldn't characterize this period as one featuring "extreme heat" lol.

So far, our weather has remained rather benign outside of the extreme heat. But, as expected with the introduction of a well- defined boundary into an airmass characterized by temperatures in the 90s and dew points in the 60s-70s, the main story Monday is the development of showers and thunderstorms, with some potentially severe. The best upper support looks to stay off to our north at this time. Current guidance indicates development in the mid to late afternoon with the most coverage across Delmarva and southern NJ. Taking a look at some parameters and forecast soundings, this seems to fit with progged instability and shear which are highest to the south. MLCAPE could reach around 2000 J/kg coupled with 0-6 km shear around 30 kt. As a result, SPC has placed our entire CWA within a slight risk (2/5) for severe weather and WPC has introduced a marginal risk (1/5) for excessive rainfall, though we`ve been fairly dry over the past week and this should help to limit widespread flash flood concerns.

I’m hoping the timing is such that the storms Monday develop after the boundary passes south of here.

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Wow…I’m in northern MoCo and that outflow came through aggressively 

Definitely had some punch here in Colesville. Could hear the wind starting to go through the trees as it approached. Given how far we are from the dying storms - I'm pretty impressed with that boundary. Nothing severe - but it put a ton of leaves into the air here. 

26 minutes ago, yoda said:

I'm seeing 94?

Yup Yoda - thanks for the check - my bad.  I misread the forecast for tomorrow to be the observed for today.  My bad.  

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.9243&lon=-77.3551&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

My Vantage Vue registered 98 though for a few mins.  The large azaleas I transplanted IVO the outdoor unit may be creating elevated highs.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic