Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, high risk said:

While coverage may be slightly lower in the northern counties, the main reason for leaving them out of the watch is that the flash flood guidance shows that it will take more rain up there to cause problems than it will along the I-95 corridor:

125242110_ScreenShot2022-07-12at8_32_13AM.thumb.png.c815ef7e95a9947d69c4bf8297c421db.png

Surprised my area is the "easiest" to flood - just not many streams around here that tend to cause issues. I guess that isn't exactly what this map is getting at, but there are only a few areas in N Arlington that I think of as particularly flood-prone. 

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Surprised my area is the "easiest" to flood - just not many streams around here that tend to cause issues. I guess that isn't exactly what this map is getting at, but there are only a few areas in N Arlington that I think of as particularly flood-prone. 

The map takes into account how much rain has fallen in recent days, and that big rain Friday night in the Arlington-Bethesda corridor has really lowered the rain totals needed to cause problems there.    There will certainly be regions within the higher threat area that are far lower risk than others, but it's accounting for the general threat.

• Like 1

The map takes into account how much rain has fallen in recent days, and that big rain Friday night in the Arlington-Bethesda corridor has really lowered the rain totals needed to cause problems there.    There will certainly be regions within the higher threat area that are far lower risk than others, but it's accounting for the general threat.

Ah, I made the “make a bad assumption off a cursory glance” and assumed that the map was the risk in general rather than the current risk. Thanks for the assist
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Love the storms, hate the damage (especially loss of power)...but the storms are too cool not to love. A rush!

BS. They suck. You want to pay my tree service bill. When I get power and full internet back I will show pics. Yes I am still without power. Supposed to be back on tomorrow at 530 PM. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic