Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2022

George BM

24 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

No gauge but radar estimate has me in 2.5 to 3” range. Maybe 7-8” IMBY for the week? But most important to me … basement did not flood!

ETA: wow at those 8-10” estimates just south of potomac

Would love to see a ground truth number from the Congressional/Avanel/Carderock area of MoCo.  I found one 6” PWS.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Upper Montgomery County thankfully has missed most of the rainfall, so the upper third of those watershed (Seneca Creeks, Hawlings River, etc.) has //a bit// of leeway. My primary concern is Rock Creek, Sligo Creek, NW Branch Anacostia, Little Falls Branch, and Minnehaha Branch. Gauges have come down, but we're still moving some decent water and those watersheds are flashy to begin with.

looks like that's continuing so far with this system.  rainfall totals in the area are meager up towards schaeffer farms/germantown (contemplating biking it today).  cabin john, not so much.  this is in line with what i drove through coming home last saturday evening.  torrential downpours along the beltway through bethesda, and not much towards frederick.

CWG calling on unanticipated round 2

UP TO 4 INCHES OF RAIN FELL OVERNIGHT FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY MORNING - WITH FLOODING. MORE COMING.

Many areas received quite the drenching overnight! 2-4" of rain in parts of of the District and areas west and southwest, also Southern Maryland. Reagan National Airport near the jackpot with 4"!!!

How much did you get? Did you see flooding?

While the rain has eased, it's not over. Rain may actually redevelop into the afternoon and continue into the evening, longer than anticipated previously.

Updated forecast: https://wapo.st/3uC376i

Posted 840a Saturday.

25 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

Only about .15 in Brunswick but light rain/drizzle makes it a perfect lawn day.  Still green going into the second week of July.  And yes, although hardly noticeable yet, we are now starting to lose some daylight at sunset…

The only comfort that gives is that both football and tropical are around the corner. I love these long evenings.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Recent Ninas have been good to the MA coast. 2 blizzards and a big snow storm that was a bit short on wind since Jan of 17.

Last night I was watching TWC, and they were highlighting the January 2018 blizzard. It brought back some great memories of Ocean City. 

kXBoQLV.jpg

ajHVz24.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Last night I was watching TWC, and they were highlighting the January 2018 blizzard. It brought back some great memories of Ocean City. 

kXBoQLV.jpg

ajHVz24.jpg

Da bomb cyclone!

That was a great storm but unfortunately it shut everything down by the next morning in Rehoboth. The 2017 storm didn't have as much wind and plenty of the good places were open for foodies and drinks. More enjoyable overall for me.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic