• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2022

George BM

BWI had 1.63" in 1 hour during the night, between approx 1-2am .... and 0.83" between 2-3am.  BWI is approx 15 miles east of me in Columbia area.

To my surprise when I checked the rain gauge this morning, I had 1.31" since rain began Wednesday evening.  Only had a few tenths of an inch when I went to bed at 12:30am.  Whatever downpours we got did not wake me up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, George BM said:

A trace here so far... and that was early yesterday morning around 6:05am.

The models were pretty optimistic for here but alas, not this round...GFS still wants to spit something out tomorrow night but color me skeptical

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

0.38” in the last two weeks.  That’s what we want in the middle of Summer, right?

Great for my old work but awful for everyone else. 

And it will set us up for when it does get hot. Brown dry grass will burn better after fires start from a lightning strike. We all burn and DCA reports a trace of ash

• Like 1

Been missing the bonus rains that have fallen along/adjacent to the bay the last 2 weeks, but still done ok here. Over 3".

Nice to not have to water plants but no amount of rain keeps the grass from doing the usual transformation to thatch this time of year. I will start reseeding in early August.

2 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

9 Nineties  so far. What year long ago did DCA have just 7? Been nothing near that since. Was that Pinatubo  summer?

H**ward.  I will check but pretty sure 2004 had <10 in JJA.  2003 maybe just a few more.  Ji and I were pissed that we weren't good at heat anymore.  We didn't hit 95 in either summer, and we lost faith that it could get that hot here again.  Of course that didn't last long. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic