Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2022

George BM

• WxUSAF featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
On 6/30/2022 at 2:02 PM, George BM said:

I think you should be fine. There is indeed a slight chance of widely scattered showers and/or storms tomorrow afternoon but, at least to me, it appears that any storm activity is more likely the further north and west you are in the DC area though there's a non-zero chance everywhere in the region. I personally wouldn't change plans at the moment. Also congratulations!  

On 6/30/2022 at 2:09 PM, IceCAPS said:

Thank you George!  This is, of course, what I wanted to hear and felt in my gut.  It's always nice to hear from some more polished and experienced weather nuts than my own slanted view so, again, THANK YOU!

Close call @George BM! But it looks like Alexandria will be in the clear through 5PM. Hope it was a great event @IceCAPS.

My rain guage shows 0.76", but that’s way low. First storm only registered 0.04" due to the wind driving the heavy rain straight sideways and not filling the tipping guage. Any suggestions on how to measure storms where the rain simply doesn’t go into the guage’s cone? 2nd storm dumped 0.64" and seemed to rain less than the first storm (but also less windy).

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic