Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2022

bluewave

13 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The rotation over the NNJ cell, specifically the one headed towards Passaic County is strengthening some. I'm a little surprised they haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

That cell went over me.  Sky looked very ominous, but aside from a torrent of rain and a good deal of lightening, I didn't observe anything severe.  

• Like 1

Just now, gpsnavigator said:

That cell went over me.  Sky looked very ominous, but aside from a torrent of rain and a good deal of lightening, I didn't observe anything severe.  

Under that cell here currently. Sky is pitch black. Someone earlier had posted what looked like some weak rotation overhead from Whippany.

27 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Looking good for areas north of 78

Just had a nice downpour here. Lasted only 5 minutes but it came down in buckets. Some wind gusts in the 30s too. This was the 2nd downpour here today. Good to finally get some moisture in the soil. I can finally take a little break from watering the vegetable garden.

Just now, winterwx21 said:

Just had a nice downpour here. Lasted only 5 minutes but it came down in buckets. Some wind gusts in the 30s too. This was the 2nd downpour here today. Good to finally get some moisture in the soil. I can finally take a little break from watering the vegetable garden.

Getting that now but no thunder or lightning

22 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Deegan is flooded. Repeat of the bad flooding last summer. 

I hearing reports of flooding uptown too. There was flooding from the early morning storms already before this round. I-95 from north of Newark to CT been getting it today. Meanwhile haven't seen a drop in Lower Manhattan.  You can see on Google maps standstill traffic centered around GWB, Upper Manhattan, Bronx, sound shore side of Westchester

Yday I was marveling at how dry and brown it was looking.