• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022

bluewave

Active shortwave moving inland tonight along the US-Canada border will run into that extreme humidity, some heavy rainfalls likely by Tuesday in that region. It has been quite dry here for the past few weeks, looking forward to some late night thunderstorm activity here, clearing out Monday afternoon. 

Speaking of the high dew points, I seem to recall some very high dews in July 1995 around Iowa and Illinois. Corn sweat, I believe it is called. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gpsnavigator said:

Whatever is going on up there, one of the airports now shows a 90 degree dewpoint (ties all time US record), and another one shows a heat index of 130 with a dewpoint of 88.

I'd be interested in what sort of local conditions are favoring such extreme humidity today.  If this verifies, I cannot imagine what it must feel like to walk outside, and the amount of condensation that would occur.

Record dewpoints were also reported in Manitoba, including Winnipeg.

• Like 1

Morning thoughts…

It will be variably cloudy and warm. Showers and thundershowers are likely. Some of thunderstorms could be severe. High temperatures will reach the lower and middle 80s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 85°

Newark: 90°

Philadelphia: 91°

Hot weather will arrive tomorrow and continue through at least the weekend.

Normals:

New York City: 30-Year: 85.3°; 15-Year: 86.4°

Newark: 30-Year: 87.2°; 15-Year: 88.6°

Philadelphia: 30-Year: 88.1°; 15-Year: 89.2°

• Like 2

The next 8 days are averaging  86degs.(76/96) or +8.

Month to date is  78.3[+1.0].       Should be  80.7[+3.3] by the 26th.

Reached 84 here late yesterday.

Today:  78-84, wind s. to w., m. cloudy, rain/TS late and overnight, 74 tomorrow AM.

Meanwhile, Dallas threatens to melt 1980, 2011 records---multiple times, in the next 10 days.

76*(97%RH) here at 7am.      80* at 10am.      Still 80* at Noon.        82* at 1:30pm.       78* at 3pm.     

37 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The warm front is focusing most of its convection this morning over NNJ and NYC into the LHV. I am hoping several of the models are wrong about dry slot today in Central NJ. Those areas will dry out more this week with the heat if they can’t get a decent downpour later.

FF1CB8E5-2F5E-4823-9DC3-87915ECBB065.thumb.jpeg.7f257366b48e416edc1a5a67dee7d00d.jpeg

RGEM north of 78 focus today

5089CAB2-6A3A-467A-9361-08DCB2342C29.thumb.png.93b37412f2417fd0936b148c50833891.png

I had my downpour for the day. I'm expecting that to be it based on the model trends

@Rtd208

• Weenie 1

79/75 here.  Some storms moving through northern NJ/NYC earlier.  We'll see how much clearing we can get to see if any spots can start the heatwave today or in some cases continue from last week (CNJ).  Storms all day will fire in this tropical airmass as warm front pushes through.  Otherwise the heat is on through the work week and likely into this weekend Sat (7/23) and Sun (7/24), next shot of widedpread storms could be Sat night into Sunday.  Only clouds will deter mid /upper 90s Wed/Thu.  Another strong heat blast is possible Mon (7/25) ahead of cold front.   Beyond there Thu (7/28) the Western Atlantic highs is building west and overall looking like a most of the nationwide warm period to end the month.