Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

On 7/21/2022 at 8:19 PM, Hoosier said:

I wonder what's more likely.  ORD hitting 90 or STL hitting 105.  

STL did hit 105.  

Just 85 at ORD.  Probably some warming left to go given the character of this day with abundant clouds early on, but 90 will be tough to get to.

Timely rains had been keeping us near average precip so far this summer, but this weekend has been a fail.  We only managed to get 0.21" combined, Friday and Saturday nights.  With no rain in sight, I will likely finish July about 2" below average.

The upcoming pattern should be very pleasant, but I sure wish a few storms could be sprinkled in, too.

6 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Timely rains had been keeping us near average precip so far this summer, but this weekend has been a fail.  We only managed to get 0.21" combined, Friday and Saturday nights.  With no rain in sight, I will likely finish July about 2" below average.

The upcoming pattern should be very pleasant, but I sure wish a few storms could be sprinkled in, too.

I'm golden.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:33 PM, hawkeye_wx said:

Cedar Rapids hasn't hit 90º since July 5th.  Our hottest days this week only hit 88º.  We have one more chance on Saturday.  The rest of the month currently looks <90º.

Not our year. We only hit 90 once this past Wednesday since July 5th. Only one heat wave this year, and that occurred last month. This weekend was supposed to be a heatwave, but failed to hit 90 each day including today thanks to getting screwed by debris clouds the past couple days. What a joke. Unless things get better again next month, I'm ready for Fall.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Spartman said:

Not our year. We only hit 90 once this past Wednesday since July 5th. Only one heat wave this year, and that occurred last month. This weekend was supposed to be a heatwave, but failed to hit 90 each day including today thanks to getting screwed by debris clouds the past couple days. What a joke. Unless things get better again next month, I'm ready for Fall.

Unlike you, I love the lack of 90s.  80s during the day and 60s at night is perfect for me.

• Like 3

Finally got lucky with one of these events here. The first round was anemic and only received 0.11". But, another cell formed right overhead and really went to town for a bit. Totaled 1.39" for the day. Not too shabby and much needed.

7V2A0242.thumb.JPG.4dcce3a73525b19e7e9aa3ad7692beac.JPG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Noticed something a little interesting at ORD last night.  The temp rose into the 80s after midnight.  Probably doesn't happen very often.

I'm guessing it was a combination of the residual cold pool/modified airmass from the Fri night/Sat activity having finally been eroded, and a brief period of increased advection ahead of the MCS/MVC in C/S WI and N IL.

7 hours ago, Spartman said:

a late morning/midday severe mcs is now considered 'debris clouds', that's a new one.

and by the way, dayton only averages 16 days that are 90+ a year. there have been 11 this year so far, with more summer to go.

yesterday Reports Graphic

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

I'm guessing it was a combination of the residual cold pool/modified airmass from the Fri night/Sat activity having finally been eroded, and a brief period of increased advection ahead of the MCS/MVC in C/S WI and N IL.

Good reasoning

It's glorious out. Filterd sun and 70's. Going to enjoy a few Bacardi's, with a big steak on the fire, and top it off the fire pit smoking and a nice Cohiba. Summer time in Northern Michigan..opps Chicago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk