Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Tomorrow looks like a winner.  The NWS knows it.

Love when this stuff lines up on a Saturday.

&& Other than saying tomorrow is about the perfect summer day for the North Country, there isn`t much to say about tomorrow. High temperatures will run a few degrees below seasonal normals as high pressure becomes established. Mostly clear skies with a light northerly breeze of 15-15 mph will make it an ideal day to take in all the outdoor activities that Vermont and New York have to offer. Just be aware of a high UV index tomorrow and protect yourself from the sun. &&

The summer that just keeps on giving. Looks to be a perfect day to kick off the 1st annual Amwx COC open.

Screenshot_20220729-205514_Google.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Tomorrow looks like a winner.  The NWS knows it.

Love when this stuff lines up on a Saturday.

&& Other than saying tomorrow is about the perfect summer day for the North Country, there isn`t much to say about tomorrow. High temperatures will run a few degrees below seasonal normals as high pressure becomes established. Mostly clear skies with a light northerly breeze of 15-15 mph will make it an ideal day to take in all the outdoor activities that Vermont and New York have to offer. Just be aware of a high UV index tomorrow and protect yourself from the sun. &&

So y’all gonna be below average by a “few” degrees. Hmm. It’ll be interesting to test that idea. I mean 1 or 2 sure. Sounds a little NNE Met love me some cool bias talk. Lol 

But it’s likely to be 2-4 above normal down our way. It would be interesting if that spread happened. 

52 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So y’all gonna be below average by a “few” degrees. Hmm. It’ll be interesting to test that idea. I mean 1 or 2 sure. Sounds a little NNE Met love me some cool bias talk. Lol 

But it’s likely to be 2-4 above normal down our way. It would be interesting if that spread happened. 

:lol: 

Definitely some local bias with how comfortable it has been.  It usually spreads SEward as shown by the height bags moving through, a mixture likely of mid-west record heat plus SE Canada trough. I don’t doubt the highs will over-perform.  Minus 1-2 are the “cool shots”….  It’s hard to do low maxes without moisture/clouds/precip this time of year.  I think this season gets recognized for low Td residence time.

Its been dry relative to the recent experience over the past 5-10 years.  The humidity levels have matched the precip amounts.  Hot and dry.  NE US desert?  Does it feed back on itself?

I’ve had a lot of success growing fruit/vegetables in drought. Sunlight difficult/expensive to harvest. Easy to collect enough rain water through persistent moderate to severe drought conditions once you have a system setup.

My yields would be a lot lower with excess rain in summer, no doubt…

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

:lol: 

Definitely some local bias with how comfortable it has been.  It usually spreads SEward as shown by the height bags moving through, a mixture likely of mid-west record heat plus SE Canada trough. I don’t doubt the highs will over-perform.  Minus 1-2 are the “cool shots”….  It’s hard to do low maxes without moisture/clouds/precip this time of year.  I think this season gets recognized for low Td residence time.

Its been dry relative to the recent experience over the past 5-10 years.  The humidity levels have matched the precip amounts.  Hot and dry.  NE US desert?  Does it feed back on itself?

That's an important point for midsummer averages.  My average max for 7/30 here is 77, the warmest for 24 Julys is 85 in both 1999 and 2019, while the coolest max is 62 on a drizzly day in 2014.  The average for 2 days at 85 and one at 62 is - 77, oddly enough.  That's how summer averages work - majority of days with AN highs but the coolest days are farther from the average.