Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You like summer most?

Love summer!  Heat and dews are fun to me, really.  It’s in part the more relaxed pace although this summer I’m working very hard for someone retired.

i admit it’s close, though.   The excitement of the winter storm coming into view and then seemingly a lock only to be muted or even better is amazing.   I could do without the icy walkways though.  We’ll probably go to warm wx for maybe a month this winter but our dog is hanging on thankfully at age 14 and it’s hard to find someone who will watch her and care for her in our home.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Love summer!  Heat and dews are fun to me, really.  It’s in part the more relaxed pace although this summer I’m working very hard for someone retired.

i admit it’s close, though.   The excitement of the winter storm coming into view and then seemingly a lock only to be muted or even better is amazing.   I could do without the icy walkways though.  We’ll probably go to warm wx for maybe a month this winter but our dog is hanging on thankfully at age 14 and it’s hard to find someone who will watch her and care for her in our home.

For me its:

WINTER

FALL

Spring

Summer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I get the hatred of spring, but for me the intense sun and sweltering heat is worse than 50 and drizzle.

Summer is definitely the most boring weather, too....spring has a mix of the occasional snow threat, faux severe deals, and backdoor tracking, etc.....summer is too early for the tropics around here and is just tracking 62 vs 71 degree dews. along with the faux severe ghosts....just brutal.

• Like 4

Meh... to each is his or her own.  

Fwiw - ( prolly not much ...) I find summer fascinating.  Particularly because it seems to be a good time of year to see how the changing climate is really brought on the age of the 'synergistic heat wave' and also,.. changing aggricultural aspects.  Forcing even species migration behaviors. It's a really good time of year for direct CC sciences not so much in and of its self, but in the collateral damages - which is where the world is entirely living, is in that space.   The climate can change all it wants - doesn't mean shit if it doesn't harm.

But when we have Lone Star ticks showing up in Maine ( i.e., from Texas) bearing pathogens that force the infected into a life of veganism, to Serbian climate refugees in a state of diaspora out of rapid onset drought region/causing destablization of that area of the Baltic region/geopolitical problems...  I mean god, and everything in between, this is hugely fascinating.  For global/environmental sciences. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I get the hatred of spring, but for me the intense sun and sweltering heat is worse than 50 and drizzle.

Summer is definitely the most boring weather, too....spring has a mix of the occasional snow threat, faux severe deals, and backdoor tracking, etc.....summer is too early for the tropics around here and is just tracking 62 vs 71 degree dews. along with the faux severe ghosts....just brutal.

Early spring can be awful, but late spring often has the nicest wx of the year, a time when 65/30 feels summery and green things begin to appear.  (And my season sequence is the same as yours.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Did you get a beach day in?

No ocean beach day, was just a quick trip to go to Fenway with my father after getting some free tickets.  Was able to swim and float for a bit at the lake.  Will be back down in late August for 7-10 days.  Probably will try for Misquamicut a day when down there at that time.

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Spring is a huge variance.

It's either rectal plaque, or utopia  - seldom in between... but tends to bias on the left side of that turn of phrase.

We need to develop the RPI....figure out a domain space for this Rectal Plague Index and use it as a measure of the probability of Tip's loved one(s) finding him swinging in his closet.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

No ocean beach day, was just a quick trip to go to Fenway with my father after getting some free tickets.  Was able to swim and float for a bit at the lake.  Will be back down in late August for 7-10 days.  Probably will try for Misquamicut a day when down there at that time.

Bring your golf clubs and join the group

• Like 1