Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

23 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I know you'll disagree but for me, I don't mind.  Allows focus on other things.  Start focusing on late Summer/Fall for any tropical threats.

Well, summer is boring at baseline, so its not a shock.....but this warm season has been especially mundane.

There is a reason why I check out in March.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This has to be the most boring past five months of weather locally that I can recall throughout my entire life. We can't even muster up tropical delusions of grandeur because there hasn't been a bonafide tropical cyclone. 

It's been pretty boring but been getting lucky with storms up here the last week or so.

What ... y'all don't find -1 Junes in CC an interesting achievement ?   Or a general +PNA recent 6 weeks of summer during a La Nina (hint, supposed to be -PNA), intriguing.  This latter aspect has protected the OV/NE/MA from what really "should" have been a remarkably hot summer.  

These aren't multi-strobed, overlapping CG producing EOF4 tornadic supercells ending as a flip to 60" of snow... followed by a comet impact triggering a Yellowstone VEI 10 eruption forcing dogs and cats to live together... no.   I get that it is a slow cook "drama" LOL...but it's still fascinating to me...  This summer is running some big time anomalies, that are circumstantially unknowable to the common person ... in spooky ways, trying to like 'hide' from notice.

Maybe this signal that the overnight Euro and GFS are attempting to cloak in that vein, will finally bring what this La Nina climate signal should have all along.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What ... y'all don't find -1 Junes in CC an interesting achievement ?   Or a general +PNA recent 6 weeks of summer during a La Nina (hint, supposed to be -PNA).  This latter aspect has protected the OV/NE/MA from what really "should" have been a remarkably hot summer.  

These aren't multi-strobed, overlapping CG producing EOF4 tornadic supercells ending as a flip to 60" of snow... followed by a comet impact triggering a Yellowstone VEI 10 eruption forcing dogs and cats to live together... no.   I get that it is a slow cook "drama" LOL...but it's still fascinating to me...  This summer is running some big time anomalies, that are circumstantially unknowable to the common person.

I'm still waiting for the post in which you emphatically link Halloween candy to CC.

• Haha 2

It has been extraordinarily boring but like Ray said, the baseline for summer is boring so it is what it is. It’s allowed me to do other things. Like sleep.

Winter has been feeling like a scene out of Waiting for Godot in recent years imby so I haven’t been particularly fond of the results there. 

At least October has been consistent in bringing big dog coastals in recent years.

Tropical is my thing and I chase so it’s irrelevant what happens up here to me, but if I had to rank months and seasons I’d probably start with September and fall tbh. I know that’s blasphemous here lol. 

1. Fall

2. Summer

3. Winter

4. Spring

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It has been extraordinarily boring but like Ray said, the baseline for summer is boring so it is what it is. It’s allowed me to do other things. Like sleep.

Winter has been feeling like a scene out of Waiting for Godot in recent years imby so I haven’t been particularly fond of the results there. 

At least October has been consistent in bringing big dog coastals in recent years.

Tropical is my thing and I chase so it’s irrelevant what happens up here to me, but if I had to rank months and seasons I’d probably start with September and fall tbh. I know that’s blasphemous here lol. 

1. Fall

2. Summer

3. Winter

4. Spring

1. Winter

2. Spring

3. Fall

4. Summeh

34 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

1. Fall

2. Summer

3. Winter

4. Spring

Since my fantasy team blows worse than a Methuen winter this year, I'm using the this meteorological malaise to really delve into the IOD and how it interacts with ENSO in order to gain a better understanding of the tropical Pacific. Its mind numbing at first, but makes sense after a while.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

That's very little precip. We've made up for some of our deficit and are at 3.68" on the month.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Getting 2" over the past 10 days has brought the month to 2.90".  July average is 4.06" so we'll need a lot more than the forecast (1/4-1/2") to avoid the 8th BN month in the last 10.  (And the 2 AN months, Feb/April, were only 0.62" and 0.77" above the mean.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

1. Winter

2. Spring

3. Fall

4. Summeh

Don’t get me wrong, love me some winter when it’s hitting, it’s just so tedious to me now.

38 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Since my fantasy team blows worse than a Methuen winter this year, I'm using the this meteorological malaise to really delve into the IOD and how it interacts with ENSO in order to gain a better understanding of the tropical Pacific. Its mind numbing at first, but makes sense after a while.

I wish I had the time. I’m busier than ever and the work keeps piling up. All good things though so I can’t complain.

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Don’t get me wrong, love me some winter when it’s hitting, it’s just so tedious to me now.

I wish I had the time. I’m busier than ever and the work keeps piling up. All good things though so I can’t complain.

I have a pretty good amount of down time at work if there are no crises, which is the norm.

• Like 2