• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

I get the sense when looping all three of the ens mean majors, that what's going on is that yes...  there is an important to perhaps major heat signal trying to emerge out there beyond D7.  However, it's straddling the 'projection horizon' - beyond which the means begin to run home to the baseline climo structures - so they lose it.  Like, the D7 ..8 aspects are on this side of that uncertainty horizon, and the latter aspects... the ens means lose because their collective noisy mean ends up pulling the ridge west toward the Perennial North American Pattern ( PNAP) base-line. 

The EPS formulates a nasty 594 dm close circumvallate that precariously nears 600, centered over the Ohio Valley... It wobbles it around there for 48-60 hours and then slowly it retrogrades toward Colorado over beyond 240 hours, en masse.  That's not likely to do that at that scale and probably is a function of time and fractal accumulation among the contributing members.  Canceling all forces out, we're left with the PNAP...etc.  They're all doing that.  

In other words, this is still just too far out in time.  Duh 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I can’t believe how brown and crisp parts of my lawn are.  Other parts in shaded areas are fine.  

Even the nicest lawns in town are now looking pretty crisp.  The long range does not look real wet either.  Hit or miss thunderstorms are not going to cut it, the entire state needs a good soaking synoptic rain.

• Like 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Even the nicest lawns in town are now looking pretty crisp.  The long range does not look real wet either.  Hit or miss thunderstorms are not going to cut it the entire state needs a good soaking synoptic rain.

My neighbor is spending oodles of money watering his lawn and all for a lost cause.  It's going dormant.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Even the nicest lawns in town are now looking pretty crisp.  The long range does not look real wet either.  Hit or miss thunderstorms are not going to cut it, the entire state needs a good soaking synoptic rain.

We're on to Tropicana season at this point for anything appreciable. 

I don't think I've cut my lawn since mid June 

• Like 1

I will say being down there, there’s a lot of golden brown lawns everywhere.  Driving to Fenway along the Charles River in Boston, every single park looked like something out of the dust bowl. Just golden wheat color ground, kids playing in dusty rags for clothes like the parents gave up washing them, and building sand castles where their soccer fields used to be.

Tumbleweeds blowing across the rotary circles, men dressed as Jesus holding signs that say “Stein 7:22” like it’s a Bible verse. Handing out pamphlets.

Store’s even selling “Stein Pants.”  Forget Gore-Tex and moisture wicking technology… this material will keep you wet and damp all day long.  The men’s Stein Pant by Obermeyer.

C4A27E7B-9BAB-4407-A454-F3039D9CF156.thumb.jpeg.547756492f48dcfdc57e44c08d28b73b.jpeg

• Haha 13
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This has to be the most boring past five months of weather locally that I can recall throughout my entire life. We can't even muster up tropical delusions of grandeur because there hasn't been a bonafide tropical cyclone. 

I know you'll disagree but for me, I don't mind.  Allows focus on other things.  Start focusing on late Summer/Fall for any tropical threats.

• Like 1