Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

21 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I think I've sat in pretty much the same seat, maybe a couple of rows back.  You have to keep your head turned to the left to watch the batter.  Sore neck at the end of the night.  

I love them, great view of the dugout and we are the section right behind the camera well.  I mean I guess you swivel your head but you do it to look in any direction.  I’m staring at Vazquez at 1st base.

The seats are angled in a bit but if they were angled more you’d have to look over your shoulder to see the outfield.

This is dead ahead.  Great view of the infield and Sanchez messing up that double play.  Dugout starts at the railing on the left.

C1ABD56E-28EC-4EAE-804C-38AA61F211A7.thumb.jpeg.3c4fe0d6006830e9964a0b0d5fdab529.jpeg
F360C834-D055-418A-B622-E16F7C0FC46E.thumb.jpeg.06ea9e6f5a0a47438e163cc159b0e38d.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I love them, great view of the dugout and we are the section right behind the camera well.  I mean I guess you swivel your head but you do it to look in any direction.  I’m staring at Vazquez at 1st base.

The seats are angled in a bit but if they were angled more you’d have to look over your shoulder to see the outfield.

This is dead ahead.  Great view of the infield and Sanchez messing up that double play.  Dugout starts at the railing on the left.

C1ABD56E-28EC-4EAE-804C-38AA61F211A7.thumb.jpeg.3c4fe0d6006830e9964a0b0d5fdab529.jpeg

Put on your rally cap, we need runs.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Heat fail in those last 2 gfs runs. A couple of hot days in there, but nothing like 12z.

Especially that 0z run. Replaces the extreme heat with FROPA’s and refreshing Canadian airmass.
The central plains still roast wire to wire though. What a brutal summer for them.   

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Great movie 

I see my phone app has consecutive 96’s end of next week . 

Hoping the tropics wake up by August 10-15, not that there is anything to really track or will be 

56⁰ banging surf last 7 days. Epic week of body surfing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Probably overdone on Euro op, but EPS looks hot and gfs trying to rip some in here briefly. We shall see.

Just feel like all guidance has been overdoing the heat past d5. I think it’s a signal for heat, but it’s usually a safe bet to slice and dice the numbers. I wouldn’t mind a July 1911 stretch although my chickens would struggle. 

• Like 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Any idea what was causing that surf yesterday?  Had not seen that in July at that beach.   Not that I’m there very often.    They closed part of it for swimming due to rip currents 

There was a disturbance that meandered over the gulf stream and pulsed out rollers for a whole week. Yea that rip was something as the tide pulled out.  Grabbed a kids arm as he was getting ripped out. That kid was brave and was out riding some big waves but didn't know about rips so I taught him what to look and feel for and how to get out. All in all probably one of the most anomalous surf July weeks I can remember. Lifeguard horror show but where we go no lifeguards.

20220726_083127.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There was a disturbance that meandered over the gulf stream and pulsed out rollers for a whole week. Yea that rip was something as the tide pulled out.  Grabbed a kids arm as he was getting ripped out. That kid was brave and was out riding some big waves but didn't know about rips so I taught him what to look and feel for and how to get out. All in all probably one of the most anomalous surf July weeks I can remember. Lifeguard horror show but where we go no lifeguards.

20220726_083127.jpg

Yeah. We saw lifeguards pulling a few kids out of the surf several times before they closed part of the beach to swimming.  Can’t imagine doing that job

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. We saw lifeguards pulling a few kids out of the surf several times before they closed part of the beach to swimming.  Can’t imagine doing that job

I did it for 3 years.  Can go a whole summer with no rescues or 1 day with 30. A week like last with the heat, vacations, people with no clue on the power of the ocean, drunks and the recipe is there for trouble.  I hear a guy broke his neck at Misquamicut State beach last week. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Where did you go? Highly unusual clouds yesterday . Did you experience the instant sea breeze wind switch. That was cool.

We were at Second in Middletown.  We did feel the wind change suddenly and the clouds kinda messed up the day.  I was watching sat and radar thinking it might even rain.   Cleared out decently as we were leaving to drive through Newport (our daughter had a friend who had never been there)