Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Save yourself from having to re-do the door/trim. High heat like this can cause the paint to not bind to the surface properly. Also the heat and high humidity causes the door/trim  to expand a bit. When the door/trim contracts cracks may appear in the paint.

Good idea, thanks. Last thing I want to have to do is re-paint. 

83.6/64  Light shower

It is pretty special when I hit 90.  I believe

90.2 was last years high.  Some upper 80's this summer, like yesterday.

I thought today might be a 90 day but morning debris and now some developing convection is killing that chance.  About to clear back up but I don't mind being 16F cooler than the big east coast cities

Some of that is going to be the EWR concrete jungle influence giving them higher readings versus surrounding towns with more vegetation. MADIS will almost always think they’re too high. I haven’t followed them enough to get a feel if they’re running higher than normal though. Put up a bunch of U90s in a row down there and EWR will be 100+ on most of those days.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Some of that is going to be the EWR concrete jungle influence giving them higher readings versus surrounding towns with more vegetation. MADIS will almost always think they’re too high. I haven’t followed them enough to get a feel if they’re running higher than normal though. Put up a bunch of U90s in a row down there and EWR will be 100+ on most of those days.

MADIS also says NYC temps are fine. It's garbage. 

At least 6 sites in NJ hit 100 yesterday.  

5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

As of 2pm

EWR 99

Hillsborough 99

Somerville 98

Harrison 98

New Brunswick 98

I just dont understand where the EWR nonsense comes from.  

EWR stands out many times (110° in 2011 was ridic), but their obs tend to have validity due to their “terrain”. It is what it is. People live in the paved forest so it’s representative to a lot of people.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

EWR stands out many times (110° in 2011 was ridic), but their obs tend to have validity due to their “terrain”. It is what it is. People live in the paved forest so it’s representative to a lot of people.

*108 lol.   Newark tends to line up very well with concrete jungle areas like interior Queens (on days the seabreeze can stay away from Long Island). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rjay said:

*108 lol.   Newark tends to line up very well with concrete jungle areas like interior Queens (on days the seabreeze can stay away from Long Island). 

Sorry 109°. I was thinking 109° was the official record there with the +1° 1 min ob.