• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

The pattern flip to markedly higher summer heat/humidity has been very noticeable. The the May-June-early July period was pleasant.

Didn’t use the A/C then, but this recent stretch has been enjoyable in the sense that we finally have ditched the louder window/wall unit style game and are able to make use of the quiet heat pump system. The money is worth it now, the technology is better too. Quality of life rising, ha.  A/C didn’t seem necessary up north, 10-15 years ago especially… the first half of this warm season reminded me of what I remember then.  Perspective drift over the years can very much happen though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Newark hits 100° again today making it 4 in a row. This ties the record. It happened in 1953, 1993 & 2010

Really glad we don't live there.

Rochester New Hampshire past 5 days, with dews 60+ throughout.

95, 95, 95, 93, 96,

And today will be the hottest.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Rochester New Hampshire past 5 days, with dews 60+ throughout.

95, 95, 95, 93, 96,

And today will be the hottest.

DAW has been running hot. I’ve been noticing it all year. They never ran as the warmest in the state.

image.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dendrite said:

DAW has been running hot. I’ve been noticing it all year. They never ran as the warmest in the state.

image.png

Quite the seasonal extremes here. It’s like flip extreme CAD tendencies in February from DAW to EWR, and call it WAD in July, and instead of the airmass advecting down the Apps from DAW to EWR it’s up the Apps from EWR to DAW. 

You can see even global guidance picks this up regularly with the mesoscale WAD 75 miles into York County Maine.

39 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My daughter has been there for coffee, but I haven’t been there for beer.  How is it. 

Nice little spot. They had a band playing yesterday on the closed off Street. I don't claim to be a beer connoisseur but it tastes good to me.

• Like 2