• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

78/72. The overnight lows here on the shore have been an absolute furnace. 

I live in an all solar electric house and track my cooling degree days. I'm close to +100 on CDD mtd. 

Average CDD for HVN is 192 mtd and they are currently at 286. HVN is also +4 for temperature departures this month.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Just the worst time for this to happen to the Sox. No cover from the Bruins, Pats training camp hasn't opened up yet. Only saving grace is that it's Friday and talk radio will have to wait until Monday to open fire.

After having been a fan of the game for many years ...and also following the behavior of this team's personnel rotations vs success and failure over the last 20 years, that experience keeps telling me that this organization is not one that is top heavy in baseball actual intelligence. It has been one that has won in spite of that, as much as delusions of grandeur ( bit of snark there..) has kept times of loss dependably rationalized.   This teams has had more lightning in a bottle seasons then any other in the Majors, spanning the last 15 years - I think they've been more lucky than many would face less accept.

They may be an organization that is more top heavy with lots of money and a deep passion ( perhaps)e, together, but not really with acumen, inside the inner power core. 

It almost smacks like the happy go-lucky 'disconnected' elite wealth bubble that are completely reliant upon those they've appointed to 'tell them when aspects are going good or bad'   They are not really 'in touch'     ...until ... (and I'm imagining more so at this pint), it starts to hit them economically - which judging by the loyal fans and the sold out ball park, cheering on pathetic Red Sox runs, while the Blue Jays blithely and willing take a score more akin to an average football game for their side ... these wealthy owners may not be getting that message, because, as long as they're making money..?

Also, perhaps that detached reality is synonymous with gullibility, too.  Sort of easily lulled and manipulated by said rampart of appointed advisers, being baseball passionate billionaires that otherwise may not really know what they are doing.  

This organization needs to be blown up, badly, and said rampart isn't likely to advise the inner ownership of that necessity, because it means them too.  Whether it is their fault or not, and sometimes failure just happens TO an organization, in spite of good intentions, too.  But in either case, the solution is the same - unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Euro is toned down a bit for tomorrow. Probably a lot of upper 90s in the hot spots. Still brutally hot, but kinda losing a std dev on the extremeness.

BDL record of 96 tomorrow is a goner. CON is 100 today and tomorrow which are likely safe. 98 at BOS tomorrow is a pick’em.

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro is toned down a bit for tomorrow. Probably a lot of upper 90s in the hot spots. Still brutally hot, but kinda losing a std dev on the extremeness.

BDL record of 96 tomorrow is a goner. CON is 100 today and tomorrow which are likely safe. 98 at BOS tomorrow is a pick’em.

Fwiw -

Pivotal's nifty floater still surfaces 101 across Boston's metrowest/interior SNE, per the 00z cycle.  

image.png.8924f02e564b51875dac043aa4bf6e3e.png

That's the 18z number, too - Pivotal doesn't do the 21 hour -

The 06z cycle also went up a tick at what looks like maybe ASH(?) per Trop Tidbits, from 98 to 99

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Fwiw -

Pivotal's nifty floater still surfaces 101 across Boston's metrowest/interior SNE, per the 00z cycle.  

image.png.8924f02e564b51875dac043aa4bf6e3e.png

That's the 18z number, too - Pivotal doesn't do the 21 hour -

The 06z cycle also went up a tick at what looks like maybe ASH(?) per Trop Tidbits, from 98 to 99

Yeah I just think the euro is a hair overdone like it has been over the conus most of the warm season. I’m leaning toward consensus and MOS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

After having been a fan of the game for many years ...and also following the behavior of this team's personnel rotations vs success and failure over the last 20 years, that experience keeps telling me that this organization is not one that is top heavy in baseball actual intelligence. It has been one that has won in spite of that, as much as delusions of grandeur ( bit of snark there..) has kept times of loss dependably rationalized.   This teams has had more lightning in a bottle seasons then any other in the Majors, spanning the last 15 years - I think they've been more lucky than many would face less accept.

They may be an organization that is more top heavy with lots of money and a deep passion ( perhaps)e, together, but not really with acumen, inside the inner power core. 

It almost smacks like the happy go-lucky 'disconnected' elite wealth bubble that are completely reliant upon those they've appointed to 'tell them when aspects are going good or bad'   They are not really 'in touch'     ...until ... (and I'm imagining more so at this pint), it starts to hit them economically - which judging by the loyal fans and the sold out ball park, cheering on pathetic Red Sox runs, while the Blue Jays blithely and willing take a score more akin to an average football game for their side ... these wealthy owners may not be getting that message, because, as long as they're making money..?

Also, perhaps that detached reality is synonymous with gullibility, too.  Sort of easily lulled and manipulated by said rampart of appointed advisers, being baseball passionate billionaires that otherwise may not really know what they are doing.  

This organization needs to be blown up, badly, and said rampart isn't likely to advise the inner ownership of that necessity, because it means them too.  Whether it is their fault or not, and sometimes failure just happens TO an organization, in spite of good intentions, too.  But in either case, the solution is the same - unfortunately. 

That is especially true since the forced departure of Theo Epstein..

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We need to go back to the time when the Red Sox we’re holding massive parades for losing.  The golden days of the organization.  When the fan base loved them no matter how many times they lost, loveable losers.

Almost a million people turned out for a Red Sox parade they held after losing the 1986 World Series.

What a wild time, can you imagine holding a parade today, in Boston, after a bad loss in the World Series… and fans were like “I’m here to show them how much we care about them win or lose.”

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We need to go back to the time when the Red Sox we’re holding massive parades for losing.  The golden days of the organization.  When the fan base loved them no matter how many times they lost, loveable losers.

Almost a million people turned out for a Red Sox parade they held after losing the 1986 World Series.

What a wild time, can you imagine holding a parade today, in Boston, after a bad loss in the World Series… and fans were like “I’m here to show them how much we care about them win or lose.”

PF trying hard to pull a 1 inch upslope after a  brutal rain storm

Screenshot_20220723-090620_MLB.jpg

• Haha 2