Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Some of my neighbors watering their lawns for like 6 hours a day is starting to make me a little queasy. I don’t want to turn on the tap one afternoon only to find a trickle.

I was watching a board of health meeting last night. Six applications for emergency well digging. It's dry.

45 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I was watching a board of health meeting last night. Six applications for emergency well digging. It's dry.

13 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Isn't the water table in Taunton real shallow? Should be ok.

It’s very dry, no way around it.

And yes. I’m up in the corner of Taunton where Raynham Taunton and easton all basically meet on the hockomock. 

So we are on the hockomock swamp and we also sit on the canoe river aquifer I believe.

Id like to think we’ll be fine; but watering for 6 hours is insane when it’s this dry 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOX point n click with a 96 here Sunday.     That is interesting 

Please no! So done with this Sh_t..... 76/75 @ 7am ...I just hope for a good drink from the sky later today....but then again I live in Nashua, everything lately goes right around us,lol just like the past winter! 

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

Isn't the water table in Taunton real shallow? Should be ok.

Parts of the City are not tied into the City water system. He's in one.  My water is supplied by a complex of 6 Reservoirs.  It would take consecutive years of droughts to deplete the water supply.  With that being said, the City still does and has implemented bans on water usage. 

https://www.taunton-ma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif1311/f/news/water_restriction_enacted.pdf

This is an extended heat wave.

I'm pretty sure most sites nicked 90 ( the old 89.9 er) Monday (chk that), and maybe low 90s Tuesday ..then of course yesterday.  Looking at machine interpolations, it's 91 to 97 through Sunday... so the beat goes on. 

I'm thinking the mid and particular late mid range the global guidance' are tending to moosh the heights too far S into what's evolved into an impressive garland around our side of the hemisphere for subtropical ridging.   So vast it is getting more difficult to see the acmes embedded within, whereby the lower latitude R-wave 'roots' are situated.   The 06z operational GFS is really onto this idea, with a whopping 600 dm tickling ridge max embedded in and very large 594 closed envelopment of WAR heights, partially eclipsing the MA, forcing the 588 dm contour into central NE... around D10.  Notice what it does two days later... It attempts a Rosby roll-out through the west and completely demolishes that look with another of these (likely..) exaggerated +PNAP aspects that have proven to be in the 20%tile too much all season anyway. 

I'm just not completely sold that these westerlies are going to be so obtrusive S of the 40 N during the last week of July into the first week of August.   Another hint, both the EPS and GEFs mean ..right out to 300+ hours, almost never show the 582 dm non-hydrostatic height contour as successfully plumbing S of ORD-BOS latitude, despite having vestigial +PNA signature to the overall structure - which is an interesting tandem.   It's not typical to see very cool air succeed S of the 45 N at those height persistence'

Heating up more proficiently in the interior than the coast... SSW flow is already tending to bend S along shore points... May have to contend with marine contamination shortly up to a interior SE Mass and certainly Boston.. 

But ORH and FIT are both at yesterday's readings, per timing/hr ... within 5 minutes.  86 at at 9:20 in FIT seem like 88 by 10 is doable. 

Same is true down in HFD/BDL although BDL just noised their way back down to 82.   S wind is odd for larger heat numbers...but it is very light.  There is a modest c-front approaching - we should be more SW.  Maybe we're yet molting off a shallow decoupled layer just yet.