Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Will we have anything left after the cutter?  At least some Swiss cheese frozen solid to go with the black snowbanks please?

Don't forget to take a pic of areas that have minimal solar damage to the pack. :lol:  

That's one thing I realize where I am. My yard for the most part is sloped slightly and faces E-S. First one in the hood to lose the pack. Hate to see it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Personally, I like the change so far....less high end cold, which is obnoxious, and less days of pedestrian snow cover in exchange for a higher frequency of extreme events.

I'll take that trade off....keep the 5 days of 3" snow cover and give me the 2'+ blitz.

I much prefer high end cold than the heat and humidity of this week.  I hate the change to an overall warmer climate.

58 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I may be wrong on this, but I feel like global warming would have more dire consequences faster if it were not so heavily weighted in nighttime mins. This is why I feel like sometimes there is a contingent of folks that overstate and catastrophize the impact.

I understand that eventually it will matter more, but this is probably why our snowfall hasn't suffered to this point (well, everyone's except mine)....the fact that it radiates to 15 instead of 10 on a clear night isn't exactly a deal-breaker. However, the increased insolation that is not emitted does in fact result in less snow cover via a larger window of time for melting.

I'm on three consecutive seasons of snow fall deficits out my way.   But, I guess in the grand scheme of things, you and I are probably in the same essential climate boning zone because it only takes a crow 20 minutes to fly between our sore butt empty snow holes.

Hyperbole aside ... the idea that snow has increased at a seasonal tally I think belies things.   The distribution of statistical occurrences - I suspect - may be more important in the discussion than the scalar seasonal mean.   If we are going more 3 month periods of shits for snows... then, getting one 30" CC-PWAT enhance occurrence... another 45 days goes by and there are 3 spring blue bombs of 8-10" a pop, that will send the seasonal totals above normal ( or minimally to normal -), despite the winter being clearly plagued by fast jets and sheared shit and rain events and three 60+ F warm thaws that just did not happen years go - not nearly as frequently as they have been.  

This animation above is a rough and sloppy cinematic repro of the winter tones I personally have witness over the last 10 years.  It's important though, because we miss either that 30, or the 3 lollypops in that gross example, and that's the deficit ball game.  Realistically, that becomes more and more probability favored in warming CC

Politics is perception...   Pretty sure as a Sociologist you might have encountered this adage at some or the other...?  just guessin.  LOL. But, it matters in climate in particularly. The general bulk population only takes seriously what they see.  Most of CC is insidiously buried more so by invisible metrics than it ever has/ or will be, by snow.  

People don't respond to urgency' when it is informatic in nature.   A person responds very quickly to sensations that appeal to the 5 corporeal senses.  That is just the primal engine...  Then, mid way between that end of the response-spectrum expediency, ...are aspects surrounding threats that are negotiable ...such as job, economics ... the shifting tone of the GF that gives you the eerie sensation you may not be the only disco stick she's bouncin' around on  (or wants to-).  Then, somewhere way at the fake caring response mechanism end exists that stare gaped while trying to process  a global warming freight train that is probably to incomprehensible to understand  to begin with - certainly given by what the nimrod scientist's diplomacy skills of a sociopath with Autism - ...sorry wondering. 

I'm just saying, the distribution behavior I think is more telling.   It works with the 'warming faster than anywhere else on the planet' bs too, to reconsider distribution.  If CC is causing more SSE flow into the MA and NE regions off the western Atlantic g-string...yeah, the nights'll tend to balm out and "lie" about about the warming, when not many people are around to "feel" it.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm on three consecutive seasons of snow fall deficits out my way.   But, I guess in the grand scheme of things, you and I are probably in the same essential climate boning zone because it only takes a crow 20 minutes to fly between our sore butt empty snow holes.

Hyperbole aside ... the idea that snow has increased at a seasonal tally I think belies things.   The distribution of statistical occurrences - I suspect - may be more important in the discussion than the scalar seasonal mean.   If we are going more 3 month periods of shits for snows... then, getting one 30" CC-PWAT enhance occurrence... another 45 days goes by and there are 3 spring blue bombs of 8-10" a pop, that will send the seasonal totals above normal ( or minimally to normal -), despite the winter being clearly plagued by fast jets and sheared shit and rain events and three 60+ F warm thaws that just did not happen years go - not nearly as frequently as they have been.  

This animation above is a rough and sloppy cinematic repro of the winter tones I personally have witness over the last 10 years.  It's important though, because we miss either that 30, or the 3 lollypops in that gross example, and that's the deficit ball game.  Realistically, that becomes more and more probability favored in warming CC

Politics is perception...   Pretty sure as a Sociologist you might have encountered this adage at some or the other...?  just guessin.  LOL. But, it matters in climate in particularly. The general bulk population only takes seriously what they see.  Most of CC is insidiously buried more so by invisible metrics than it ever has/ or will be, by snow.  

People don't respond to urgency' when it is informatic in nature.   A person responds very quickly to sensations that appeal to the 5 corporeal senses.  That is just the primal engine...  Then, mid way between that end of the response-spectrum expediency, ...are aspects surrounding threats that are negotiable ...such as job, economics ... the shifting tone of the GF that gives you the eerie sensation you may not be the only disco stick she's bouncin' around on  (or wants to-).  Then, somewhere way at the fake caring response mechanism end exists that stare gaped while trying to process  a global warming freight train that is probably to incomprehensible to understand  to begin with - certainly given by what the nimrod scientist's diplomacy skills of a sociopath with Autism - ...sorry wondering. 

I'm just saying, the distribution behavior I think is more telling.   It works with the 'warming faster than anywhere else on the planet' bs too, to reconsider distribution.  If CC is causing more SSE flow into the MA and NE regions off the western Atlantic g-string...yeah, the nights'll tend to balm out and "lie" about about the warming, when not many people are around to "feel" it.  

I'm on four.

Yea, its more feast or famine for sure, but like I said.....I'll take that. I don't mind sacrificing some currier and ives days if it means turning the 15" big dog, seasonal capstone from a 15" deal into a 25" mutant.