Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, MJOatleast7 said:

So...will this veer NW to Greenland and flash-melt a billion tons of ice in one day, like in 2019?

Not progged to ... but, who knows

The event that happen back in 2019 ... we could see the NAO bounce negative in the index forecast.  Much shallower by comparison now, we see a small nadir but it's less than .5 SD.  Back in 2019, the heat "dome" meandered to the N Sea then retrograde west at high latitudes... This thing appears to decay/smear toward the N. Urals .

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It's not just London too. 37C way up in N and NE England is absurd. 

The Gulf Stream must be cooking. You'd think coastal fronts would have capped temps all over the UK long before they got near those temps.

The UK is ground zero for greatest rate of climate change - High latitude + surrounded by water + Gulf Stream.

6 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

The Gulf Stream must be cooking. You'd think coastal fronts would have capped temps all over the UK long before they got near those temps.

The UK is ground zero for greatest rate of climate change - High latitude + surrounded by water + Gulf Stream.

Our area seems like its among the slowest.

13 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

GFS wants to make a run for 100 on Sunday for E MA

Could be in play - high launch pad to start and 850s 21-23 c 

It's an interesting run for a few reasons..

at 275 hours, take note of the general synoptic evolution there -wild!   594+ dm hgts pressed against L.I., while a -2SD trough core tunnels through mid province Ontario latitudes.

That's nuts... there's oddities if people know to look.    It's like we'd need an EOF9 long tracked landphoon from Dayton OH to western NS to atone for that ... How many times does anyone see balanced geostrophic mid level (500 mb) wind velocities at 75Kts along the 588 dm isohypses...

See?  These are strange aspects that signify a troubled planetary system.  Sorry to sound bunnish but jesus christ. 

But yeah...overall, this was a hot run fore GFS standards, a model that really has a learning disability when it comes to admittance of heights to higher latitudes.  ..partially kidding, but it has been the most resistant.   

The thing is...another under the radar aspect about everything is that we are running above normal since July 1 at most climate sites, yet this is day 1 of the 'above normal' pattern.   So like ...what's the difference?  Clearly there's some kind of a pattern interpretation vs result disconnect.

21 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I was just trying to check things out ...I don't know what to make of this mess. Looks like a weak neg anomaly 400 naut mi SE of Cape Cod where the g-string passes through, yet... up there midriff across the basin the stream latitudes are modestly positive.   Probably just environmental noise... But what does leap out is the appearance/suggestion of weakening of the Labradorian circuitry along the New England coastal waters, and in particular, around the horn of the lower Maritime

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/tafb/atl_anom.gif

46 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Our area seems like its among the slowest.

It does ... probably more than merely "seems" at that.   

We're the exit point after a fairly vast continental expanse that is transporting a mash up of every industrial, biological and geological fart lane since the Pacific coast.  An amalgam that by virtue of that journey has mixed and mutilated and pretty much destroyed any 'spike' of anomaly-ability by the time it's wafting through.     

One thing we hold dear and unique to us, is that we have the greatest snow fall rates/ and actual density, within 500 ft of sea level, than any other region below the 55th latitude.    ...I don't include LEK meso bands.       But every region has their talent.

'cept, one of these f'n times...  we will get a 26C SW release dragon shot - it's happened, albeit rarely... but our return rate on that sort of thing can be half a lifetime.   My curiosity:  what would 'hot Saturday' Aug 1975 look like now.

Hm.. kind of agree with Steve though.  So long as the wind's blowin around a bit, it's taken the edge off.  I mean it's hot here.   91 or 92 most NWS sites and home stations etc... over DP the same as the page number of this thread. 

HI's are 94-ish with that combo.   So we're getting it done - 

Tonight could be fun in the urban triple deckers where too poor to own A.C. units.   Hobbyists should get their police scanners all tuned in and ready to go for that.    T1 on the NAM grid was was 25C at 12z ...so it likely was 80 at Logan through 2am so who knows what it is over the living room couch of urban blight. 

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hm.. kind of agree with Steve though.  So long as the wind's blowin around a bit, it's taken the edge off.  I mean it's hot here.   91 or 92 most NWS sites and home stations etc... over DP the same as the page number of this thread. 

HI's are 94-ish with that combo.   So we're getting it done - 

Tonight could be fun in the urban triple deckers where too poor to own A.C. units.   Hobbyists should get their police scanners all tuned in and ready to go for that.    T1 on the NAM grid was was 25C at 12z ...so it likely was 80 at Logan through 2am so who knows what it is over the living room couch of urban blight. 

You morbid SOB lol

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

84/68 at a nearby Davis at someone’s garden.  91/58 at KFIT

Spent the last hour and a half loading a dumpster with various remains of my suburban lifestyle after doing my twice weekly tutoring at the camp

Pool thermos both read 80F.   I will need to investigate 

:weenie:  :weenie:

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

84/68 at a nearby Davis at someone’s garden.  91/58 at KFIT

Spent the last hour and a half loading a dumpster with various remains of my suburban lifestyle after doing my twice weekly tutoring at the camp

Pool thermos both read 80F.   I will need to investigate 

FIT dew is off I think. 

What remains are you dumping? Mitch with you?

• Haha 3