Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

This is where RH and not temperature comes into the C.O.C. discussion.

Been rotting around 70F all day in rain and despite the lower temps, it’s near 100% RH and nasty out.  Much grosser outside today than a 85/48 type afternoon.

No, no, no!  C.O.C type weather is a rigid range of temperatures and dew points accompanied by a specific amount of cloud coverage and wind speed.  There can be no variation and it is the same, regardless of season.  Once these parameters are met, the day in question must be reviewed by a panel of posters before receiving the coveted C.O.C designation.  These are strict guidelines meant to ensure the C.O.C title is not demeaned.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s been raining here since 11am and you just got more in 10 minutes :lol:.  Glad you soaked.

Eyeballing the Stratus from the house it looks like somewhere near 0.50” give or take some hundredths.

The yard needed it. Just a rogue cell.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Where is DIT ? Figured he'd be in his glory. 

I fear Dendrite and I pushed him too far the other day asking him to live on planet earth briefly when having a discussion about science.

It certainly wasn’t the intent to drive him off.

Of course it happens literally the day before he gets the weather he’s been looking for since April.

Has been a steady rain for most the last 60 to 90 minutes. And although radar looked paltry an hour ago, now some cells are firing up over SW CT and NYC area.

They look to have a general movement towards us but only time will tell if these affect us a little later this evening. The flow was more west to east this morning and was stickier when the coastal cells failed to get us inland. This time we are more in the path of the new cells and the movement is faster which will offer more likelihood of impact, but will definitely nix significant flood risks me thinks.

Enjay this activity while it lasts. You just never know when a massive volcano with requisite chemical composition will erupt and result in 6 to 12 inches of snow in late August.

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I fear Dendrite and I pushed him too far the other day asking him to live on planet earth briefly when having a discussion about science.

It certainly wasn’t the intent to drive him off.

Of course it happens literally the day before he gets the weather he’s been looking for since April.

I'm sure he'll return quicker than a bum check.