Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

1.5” so far..

no shit...?  

hey folks not-so-cool aside/trivia, London's Luton AP suspended flights because the high heat has apparently damaged the tarmacs.  

We're supposed to top 90 here tomorrow, and then add 5 for Wednesday ... possibly lingering into Thursday to register our first pan-wide heat wave.   There's a little known telecon that correlates western Europe with eastern N/A ... which seems to bear out this week.  Interesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

no shit...?  

hey folks not-so-cool aside/trivia, London's Luton AP suspended flights because the high heat has apparently damaged the tarmacs.  

We're supposed to top 90 here tomorrow, and then add 5 for Wednesday ... possibly lingering into Thursday to register our first pan-wide heat wave.   There's a little known telecon that correlates western Europe with eastern N/A ... which seems to bear out this week.  Interesting.

wife is working the flight tonight to london. not cxcld yet, probably because they'll arrive tomorrow morning london time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

wife is working the flight tonight to london. not cxcld yet, probably because they'll arrive tomorrow morning london time.

A London Luton Airport spokesperson said: “Following today’s high temperatures, a surface defect was identified on the runway. Engineerswere called immediately to site and repair works are currently in progress to resume operations as soon as possible. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.”

i guess it has fully opened again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Dew is up to 76 at kcef thats impressive 

I'm actually a little less impressed with that, overall.  Looked better in yesterday's guidance to me.   There's a subtle trend to back off the mechanics/synoptic forcing aspects.  Late Wednesday, the trough opens up and rotates up into Ontario/W Quebec...   There are height falls still punching east, and given the antecedent air mass, ..it'll be enough most likely. But with that trough behavior some of the jet mechanics escape the area.

Muah hahaha ... everything is going according to plan.   The season's highest DPs are flooding the area ...and with zero backside means to scour them out... while then sending +20C 850 mb slab of drag fart, stinking up the sounding, my evil plan to climo the hell out of this week is almost complete -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just a gentle soaking rain so far.  Running like 0.08/HR type -RN rates.

Rare synoptic mid-July rainfall.

2366716_July18.gif.4f9d7c113e99a548579cc55a10fda4e6.gif

heh...  I don't think the heaviest rain's gotten to you yet lookin' at that thing.  Although there may be some shadowing ?  I don't know I think this whole ordeal is deeper in the troposphere and you'll get 1.5 hours of harder rain than just .08/hr, by a goodly margin from that look. 

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

heh...  I don't think the heaviest rain's gotten to you yet lookin' at that thing.  Although there may be some shadowing ?  I don't know I think this whole ordeal is deeper in the troposphere and you'll get 1.5 hours of harder rain than just .08/hr, by a goodly margin from that look. 

Agreed.... probably get like 0.40" water in like 5 hours of -RN and then get 0.50" in like 20 minutes of convective moisture evac from the atmosphere, behind this slug of warm frontal precip.

36 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just a gentle soaking rain so far.  Running like 0.08/HR type -RN rates.

Rare synoptic mid-July rainfall.

2366716_July18.gif.4f9d7c113e99a548579cc55a10fda4e6.gif

.07 per hour at home.  Up to .20 now.  I'm in Waterbury at the office today and it seems a bit heavier than that here.