• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

Mm ...I actually prefer the GFS for Monday afternoon and night's rain styling...

The Euro looks too balled up and concentric with that low - smacks as feedback.  The GFS fits the synoptic motif better, which features more subtropical ridge resistance ..so troughs and fronts are apt to laydown positive tilted, and we end up with those strafing bands of showers and thunder.   Quasi training ..where you clip by a cell moving NW of you then you get one ...then the next clips SE so you get two thunders in the aggregate lol...

But that looks like our first run-in with truly soupy air.   65 to 70+ DPs legit and deep in the BL with sun to 84-87 Monday afternoon...  Good rains could take place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Damage 

Breaking Now
#Tolland & #Windham Counties
Multiple Trees and Wires Down due to storm cell moving through the area. Heavy Winds. Many roads blocked and trees down.

If you have any additional information, let us know! We are looking for photos or videos!

Columbia -
255 Route 87. Road Closed.
10 Newberry Road. Road Blocked.
31 Route 66. Trees/Wires Down.

Willimantic/Windham -
121 Chronicle Road. Partial Ceiling Collapse due to Chimney falling down.
474 Pleasant Street. Wires down on Shed.
30 South Windham Road. Low Hanging Wires.
117 West Ave. Wires down.
32 Wesley Circle. Trees & Live Wires Down.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, weathafella said:

I was waiting for this question…lol.  Jackson Browne.   We listened to a 90 minute show from a few years ago and his voice was still really good!  I last saw him live in Springfield in the mid 70s.

He is awesome.  A friend of mine  saw him in Connecticut the year before Covid, maybe 2 years. And said he was good. Apparantly he did get political and some people yelled to him to, "shut up and play music"

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

He is awesome.  A friend of mine  saw him in Connecticut the year before Covid, maybe 2 years. And said he was good. Apparantly he did get political and some people yelled to him to, "shut up and play music"

He’s been pretty left for decades.  Interesting tidbit-I had a student about 45-50 years ago who had a textbook at Sunny Hills HS in Fullerton, CA.  Anyway in those days your textbooks would come and previous students who used it had their names in it.  She actually had one from Jackson Browne!  

Light rain and sun in Coolidge Corner now.

• Like 3