Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It was scheduled for November from the beginning because of their heat climo.

Where did you hear/read that specifically ...

I just read ( actually ) a different report that says it was move to November in 2021 because of the Pandemic.   Now they're saying Qatar heat ? 

I dunno - both aspects can be true I guess.

Boy...our weather must be boring, huh

We actually were making out well with the aridity around our town along Rt 2 in N-central Mass...until about a week ago.   While most had been waving the drought flags, we were one of those lucky locations that got a couple of random downpours earlier last month.  

That's all dramatically changed in the last week.   Most yards around town went from hold out green complexion to tinder looking tan.  I wonder if flag warnings are going to be needed soon.   My own lawn is pokey straws at this point... very quick transition from salad to kindling over the last 7 to 10 days.

Y'all 'ill train convection some night here sooner or later, and down a couple inches of water.   At least for my own melange of grass types (the only species I don't find out there is crab)... it won't fade back green like that.  What it'll do is start sending up new green shoots amid the beige carpet.  I've seen that often when summers go through a desiccation period.   

Right now... that's triggered Kevin to frantically surf Tweets and Google New England dystopian death drought 2022 to regale us with some pablum's dire warning or a chart taken out of context to fluff the sensationalism of our collective demise..

lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Right now... that's triggered Kevin to frantically surf David Epstein's Tweets and Google New England dystopian death drought 2022 to regale us with some pablum's dire warning or a chart taken out of context to fluff the sensationalism of our collective demise..

lol

Fixed.

I suspect Kev may have left "dystopian" out of that search, though lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Where did you hear/read that specifically ...

I just read ( actually ) a different report that says it was move to November in 2021 because of the Pandemic.   Now they're saying Qatar heat ? 

I dunno - both aspects can be true I guess.

Boy...our weather must be boring, huh

It was always planned for November and December because of the heat.  Ridiculous idea to hold it there, but money (in the right pockets) has a way of making stupid things happen.

interesting synopsis next week with the area flirting with heat wave if not succeeding, without much of a traditional ridge impression.  

It's coming by way of flow relaxation which was advertised beginning last week's indicators - posted about it.. .but it's interesting that the +20C 850 isotherm creeps up to the 45th latitude in some of these recent Euro runs, really without a very define presaged western inject. 

The GFS has that weird miasma of frontalysis and air mass convection that it's using to generate what I suspect is a model-artifact cold pooling in PA/NY and eastern OH bleeding into our area.   Suspect model feedback... in fact that 'front' appears to spontaneous occur where that air mass stuff festers.   Noticing it and the Euro have 75 DPs pooled in that area... The GFS just has always hates low level moisture since the MRF became the GFS...

Likely to be a more convincingly elevated DPs ...  and with that some air mass instability is understandable. 

• Like 2