Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed our recent Rocktober storms.

Yeah, those have been good. I was just reading through last October’s thread. That was higher end stuff.

I feel like I can generally make whatever wx work. I just want interesting or active. I have been leaning toward wanting more big dogs recently though. 

I know everyone up here loves winter and I still do too, but tracking it is tedious. The threads are mini insane asylums. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, those have been good. I was just reading through last October’s thread. That was higher end stuff.

I feel like I can generally make whatever wx work. I just want interesting or active. I have been leaning toward wanting more big dogs recently though. 

I know everyone up here loves winter and I still do too, but tracking it is tedious. The threads are mini insane asylums. 

Everyone after the jacks and glory bands. I'm just happy for good snows. 

• Like 1

One of the great things about getting older (old? 66 now! lol) is that you can deal with any particular weather pattern without getting too worked up. Love the lack of sopping wet humidity, but if it comes, just close the windows and turn up the AC for a few days (or just crank up the ceiling fans during the day and put the AC on at night when you really need it to sleep). Huge blizzard, bring it on! The condo plows my driveway (never had that on my old Worcester hill) and the distance between my front door and the drive is maybe 12 feet. Turns to rain? So what. Means I can get out to visit my new grandson.

Just ten years ago I'd be blowing a gasket everytime something went "wrong" with the forecast. Now I'm just glad to be seeing the light of day. Never thought it would happen. 

Doesn't mean I won't be staying up half the night watching the r/s line wiggle its way toward or away from me come December. Just means I won't be staying up ALL night watching.

• Like 1

Today is summery.  

79/66

Had 0.31" this morning (MVL looks like it ripped a quick 0.50") and the early morning storm is just fueling the low level humidity right now.  Those days seem to get the most humid when there's a warm frontal shower or storm, then that moisture is just steaming off the pavement.  Visually looks like a moisture bath, ha.

5 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

One of the great things about getting older (old? 66 now! lol) is that you can deal with any particular weather pattern without getting too worked up. Love the lack of sopping wet humidity, but if it comes, just close the windows and turn up the AC for a few days (or just crank up the ceiling fans during the day and put the AC on at night when you really need it to sleep). Huge blizzard, bring it on! The condo plows my driveway (never had that on my old Worcester hill) and the distance between my front door and the drive is maybe 12 feet. Turns to rain? So what. Means I can get out to visit my new grandson.

Just ten years ago I'd be blowing a gasket everytime something went "wrong" with the forecast. Now I'm just glad to be seeing the light of day. Never thought it would happen. 

Doesn't mean I won't be staying up half the night watching the r/s line wiggle its way toward or away from me come December. Just means I won't be staying up ALL night watching.

Not me. I will be worked up , worked over and wanked out when I don’t get the desired wx. Weather is 100% emotional and I cannot separate the two .. whether I’m 8 or 80.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Everyone after the jacks and glory bands. I'm just happy for good snows. 

When someone sees a couple model runs showing 0.8-0.9" QPF instead of the widespread 1.0-1.4" for everywhere else... the doubt starts creeping in and makes some nuts with the thought of only 8-10" instead of 10-14".  That stuff is always sort of funny.  "No we are going to get screwed locally.  That little QPF notch is very persistent.  This event sucks already."

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Hopefully it annihilates Steve's dog kennel, then curls east....I don't need a 10 day power disruption with two small kids. 

this would be a very good scaffolding should one venture into the Bahamas ...

gfs_z500_vort_us_49.png

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am 100% serious too. It literally affects my mood . 

Same here—I’m up all night tracking interesting events when they’re happening and it’s awesome to experience the power of wx. I just don’t get too hung up over the busts anymore.  

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

:lol:   I know what you mean, but the weather geek in me wants to see it. 

Tropical is my obsession, and I’m sure if a legit cane were barreling down on the region the thread for it would be on par with a blizzard. That is, until the grid collapses :yikes:

It’d be severe in New England for sure, but the meteorology of it—the evolution of the steering pattern, the internal structure of the TC upon landfall and extra tropical transition, and the real-time data from across the region—would be fascinating. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My wife can always tell A) Whether or not it is going to snow B Where or not a specific storm met my expectations by my mood :lol: Same thing with my fantasy team in the summer.

Lol. It’s the same here.. or you can always tell when Scooters angry when the kids can’t go out to play and he’s forced to watch them inside . That irritates him to no end 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. It’s the same here.. or you can always tell when Scooters angry when the kids can’t go out to play and he’s forced to watch them inside . That irritates him to no end 

That's why I want the snow. Nothing worse than shit weather and no snow. Get the eff outside and go play.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1