Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

BOX reads minds.  They aren’t confused.

“After the cold front passage late Tuesday, the upper level pattern features a mean trough which will allow daytime highs during the remainder of the week to be below to near normal. For reference, typical daytime highs are in the low to mid 80s away from the immediate coast. From a climatological standpoint, we are fast approaching the highest average temps in the year. So no real big heat in the horizon during the hottest time of the year!”

They love it , I love it .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Camping in Truro and the air is perfect tonight. Going to sit on a bay side beach tomorrow night and enjoy multiple towns fireworks. 
I cannot believe how little traffic there was today. We made it from Greenfield to Truro in about 2.5 hours. 

Where are you camping?

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

How do the dogs do?  Mine loses her shit over fireworks. Thinks the world is ending.

We turn up Pandora and the fans AC.  Only Mia the Pit Lab mix shakes. The others are cool. We are at the firepit and it finally stopped lol. FYI Tigger has no problem with 3 legs. Each day is better. Fingers crossed for Fridays lab results 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

North of Highland campground.  Nice place, not exactly private tent sites but affordable, with plenty of amenities and 10 minute walk to Head of the Meadow beach. 

D418D01B-7DBB-4DE4-B9BB-0F46D69F67E7.thumb.jpeg.80564c22448284faca2cc42f0404d76b.jpeg

Sweet, have stayed there many times.  No campfires is the only negative, but you can get a permit from the town for a beach fire if you go early.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

That's awesome!

Meanwhile--what a fantastic COC day.  Outside of white out conditions, this rates up there with the best.

Yea.

Congrats everyone and enjoy the 4th. Although we have yet to realize America’s full potential, citizens are more active then ever…striving for civil liberty and justice for all. We’ll get there, someday. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lol. Moose just went through my front yard.  That was a first (that I’ve witnessed).  I’ve seen moose nearby but never in our property 

7613DF15-13DA-486F-A44B-BD678D744F40.jpeg

I had this baby porky up in my pear tree this morning. I put fencing around it to keep it out, but it was able to climb up it. It wasn’t able to get back out after climbing down though so I had to remove the cage. 
image.jpeg

• Like 7

I am so sick of this stupid freaking pattern. This stupid trough needs to find somewhere else to live. It's utterly depressing just watching all these high heat/dewpoints/instability surges just hit a wall and then advect into the mid-Atlantic. I guess if there is maybe some sliver of hope it's the pattern elsewhere remains very consistent and active so if we ever shake this trough we're going to get into some fun. BUT THIS TROUGH NEEDS TO GO. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's utterly depressing just watching all these high heat/dewpoints/instability surges just hit a wall and then advect into the mid-Atlantic.

Don’t worry…they’ll make it up here no problem in December.

• Haha 2