Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

fully expecting rainfall that doesn't even wet underneath the trees.....0.88" here since the 10th of June, everything is crispy, very August like in our desert.

Only 0.46" since June 13, and 3/4 of that day's 1.14" came in a 10-minute toad-strangler, so not much help to the soil.

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm sick and tired of opening up Radarscope and seeing these massive severe thunderstorm watch boxes in Canada. Not fair. I mean it seems like some of these areas have been under a watch for like 3 weeks straight...wtf. 

Did you say the reason they do so well up there is because their right along the northern jet? Because it’s absurd how well they do up there 

19 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Did you say the reason they do so well up there is because their right along the northern jet? Because it’s absurd how well they do up there 

Yeah pretty much. Plus I'm sure they do very well with lapse rates and given how they do get quite warm they probably do well in the instability department. 

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It is pretty impressive how tenacious that NE trough is… looping the 850mb temps out to day 16 is just a continual baking of the center of the nation and every time it attempts to slide a bit NE it gets beaten down hard.

GFS went full body trough over us out in mid-July on that 6z run.  EPS continues to show big heat squeezed into PA and then just get crushed.

Yea it's become pretty clear that this just isn't the year in NE if one is looking for another 2011/2002 etc. Once that pattern change happened at the end of May it's just been lights out. The long range is just shutting any chance down past the middle of July. At that point, how much time is left? In NNE once you reach mid August it's pretty much done. At least the summer temps and storms are reliable out this way, currently at 100 looking to reach 104 this afternoon.

48 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm sick and tired of opening up Radarscope and seeing these massive severe thunderstorm watch boxes in Canada. Not fair. I mean it seems like some of these areas have been under a watch for like 3 weeks straight...wtf. 

It feels like Quebec gets far more reliable convection events than NE. I saw some videos of a tornado there a few years ago that did some pretty serious damage to an apartment complex and surrounding areas.

Just now, Saguaro said:

Yea it's become pretty clear that this just isn't the year in NE if one is looking for another 2011/2002 etc. Once that pattern change happened at the end of May it's just been lights out. The long range is just shutting any chance down past the middle of July. At that point, how much time is left? In NNE once you reach mid August it's pretty much done. At least the summer temps and storms are reliable out this way, currently at 100 looking to reach 104 this afternoon.

It feels like Quebec gets far more reliable convection events than NE. I saw some videos of a tornado there a few years ago that did some pretty serious damage to an apartment complex and surrounding areas.

oh yeah Quebec gets nailed. They are really in a prime spot for severe.

• Like 1