Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Medium/Long Range

Weather Will

On 6/28/2022 at 7:52 PM, IronTy said:

Come again?

(Anecdote alert)

I used to use a tarp-like cover on my air conditioner unit in winter. In 2009, I didn't even have to uncover the A/C until late June, and I only ran it just before the July 4 holiday just to make sure it was working before the inevitable hot weather arrived. 

BWI temp departures May thru Oct: -0.7, -2.1, -3.7, +0.4, -2.6, -2.1  (Only Aug was positive)

BWI didn't hit 90f until July 12.  Hit 94 a few days later, and that was the highest temp of the summer.

Remarkable summer, by our standards.  

This year has been rather cool, but we've already had highs in the upper 90s.  Not really comparable IMO.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

(Anecdote alert)

I used to use a tarp-like cover on my air conditioner unit in winter. In 2009, I didn't even have to uncover the A/C until late June, and I only ran it just before the July 4 holiday just to make sure it was working before the inevitable hot weather arrived. 

BWI temp departures May thru Oct: -0.7, -2.1, -3.7, +0.4, -2.6, -2.1  (Only Aug was positive)

BWI didn't hit 90f until July 12.  Hit 94 a few days later, and that was the highest temp of the summer.

Remarkable summer, by our standards.  

This year has been rather cool, but we've already had highs in the upper 90s.  Not really comparable IMO.

Shoosh, you're ruining the fun.  

• Haha 1

And it continues. After a couple days of warm and muggy this week, heat gets knocked back as another trough digs in over eastern Canada, with an upper ridge building well to our west. Looks a bit unsettled Friday with a potential disturbance moving along the front, possibly lingering into Saturday. Potentially a really nice weekend with temps in the low 80s.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_24.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

And it continues. After a couple days of warm and muggy this week, heat gets knocked back as another trough digs in over eastern Canada, with an upper ridge building well to our west. Looks a bit unsettled Friday with a potential disturbance moving along the front, possibly lingering into Saturday. Potentially a really nice weekend with temps in the low 80s.

August warmup likely ahead …

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

That's going to verify warmer.. I love +EPO's, especially with 591dm ridge under it. 

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Having that coincide with climo peak heat would be very nice. Some sort of torch is nearly inevitable during summer - but if we can have that happen more towards later summer when we can pair it with reducing climo maxes it blunts the heat of summer a bit. 90 is even fine with me. But avoiding 95 and 68+ dewpoints would be great. All in all I haven't melted this summer so far. 

• Like 3