Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,176
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
    Joined

Summer Banter


Rjay
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was at the first earth day in 1970 in Central Park…I know a little about the climate since I’ve studied it for 60 years…I don’t listen to people like John Kerry or Al gore…they are politicians making money off of the climate changing… if you think they are worried about flooding on the coast or some other disaster you are wrong…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

Sure, we’ll adapt after half of us are wiped out. Most of which are people who live in poor and under developed countries. I’m sure many in this country will disregard that as any importance because of the fascist nature of our ideology. 

Lol snowboy19 is a fascist. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, uncle W said:

I was at the first earth day in 1970 in Central Park…I know a little about the climate since I’ve studied it for 60 years…I don’t listen to people like John Kerry or Al gore…they are politicians making money off of the climate changing… if you think they are worried about flooding on the coast or some other disaster you are wrong…

Chances are those prominent enough to get a lot of people to listen to them also have a lot of money or are accused of profiting off of the cause so that logic doesn't track to me. 

Do I wish more people listened to scientists than Al Gore, sure but sadly that's not how things work. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, uncle W said:

I was at the first earth day in 1970 in Central Park…I know a little about the climate since I’ve studied it for 60 years…I don’t listen to people like John Kerry or Al gore…they are politicians making money off of the climate changing… if you think they are worried about flooding on the coast or some other disaster you are wrong…

Oh no! Al gore and John Kerry care about climate… meanwhile all these top 20 congressional members are receiving money from the oil lobby…

Rank Candidate Amount
1 Manchin, Joe (D-WV) $694,160
2 Lankford, James (R-OK) $371,978
3 Murkowski, Lisa (R-AK) $316,074
4 Kennedy, John (R-LA) $258,426
5 Scott, Tim (R-SC) $230,217
6 Hoeven, John (R-ND) $212,603
7 Sinema, Kyrsten (D-AZ) $208,310
8 Lee, Mike (R-UT) $179,949
9 Rubio, Marco (R-FL) $171,020
10 Johnson, Ron (R-WI) $167,701
11 Crapo, Mike (R-ID) $167,507
12 Boozman, John (R-AR) $166,872
13 Young, Todd (R-IN) $152,470
14 Paul, Rand (R-KY) $135,776
15 Moran, Jerry (R-KS) $133,841
16 Thune, John (R-SD) $127,308
17 Cruz, Ted (R-TX) $118,658
18 Grassley, Chuck (R-IA) $111,728
19 Barrasso, John A (R-WY) $83,200
20 Warnock, Raphael (D-GA) $77,390

https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/recips.php?ind=E01&cycle=2022&recipdetail=S&mem=Y&sortorder=U

 

and representatives…

 

1 McCarthy, Kevin (R-CA) $433,699
2 Pfluger, August (R-TX) $336,846
3 Cuellar, Henry (D-TX) $244,548
4 Scalise, Steve (R-LA) $233,781
5 Fletcher, Lizzie (D-TX) $210,430
6 Gonzales, Tony (R-TX) $208,490
7 Crenshaw, Dan (R-TX) $192,919
8 Rodgers, Cathy McMorris (R-WA) $189,758
9 Herrell, Yvette (R-NM) $178,547
10 Mullin, Markwayne (R-OK) $166,050
11 Cheney, Liz (R-WY) $142,350
12 Gonzalez, Vicente (D-TX) $139,600
13 Arrington, Jodey (R-TX) $123,896
14 Roy, Chip (R-TX) $121,627
15 Van Duyne, Beth (R-TX) $117,961
16 Bice, Stephanie (R-OK) $116,983
17 Armstrong, Kelly (R-ND) $116,400
18 Jackson, Ronny (R-TX) $110,868
19 Veasey, Marc (D-TX) $109,450
20 Hern, Kevin (R-OK)

 

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Oh no! Al gore and John Kerry care about climate… meanwhile all these top 20 congressional members are receiving money from the oil lobby…

Rank Candidate Amount
1 Manchin, Joe (D-WV) $694,160
2 Lankford, James (R-OK) $371,978
3 Murkowski, Lisa (R-AK) $316,074
4 Kennedy, John (R-LA) $258,426
5 Scott, Tim (R-SC) $230,217
6 Hoeven, John (R-ND) $212,603
7 Sinema, Kyrsten (D-AZ) $208,310
8 Lee, Mike (R-UT) $179,949
9 Rubio, Marco (R-FL) $171,020
10 Johnson, Ron (R-WI) $167,701
11 Crapo, Mike (R-ID) $167,507
12 Boozman, John (R-AR) $166,872
13 Young, Todd (R-IN) $152,470
14 Paul, Rand (R-KY) $135,776
15 Moran, Jerry (R-KS) $133,841
16 Thune, John (R-SD) $127,308
17 Cruz, Ted (R-TX) $118,658
18 Grassley, Chuck (R-IA) $111,728
19 Barrasso, John A (R-WY) $83,200
20 Warnock, Raphael (D-GA) $77,390

https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/recips.php?ind=E01&cycle=2022&recipdetail=S&mem=Y&sortorder=U

 

and representatives…

 

1 McCarthy, Kevin (R-CA) $433,699
2 Pfluger, August (R-TX) $336,846
3 Cuellar, Henry (D-TX) $244,548
4 Scalise, Steve (R-LA) $233,781
5 Fletcher, Lizzie (D-TX) $210,430
6 Gonzales, Tony (R-TX) $208,490
7 Crenshaw, Dan (R-TX) $192,919
8 Rodgers, Cathy McMorris (R-WA) $189,758
9 Herrell, Yvette (R-NM) $178,547
10 Mullin, Markwayne (R-OK) $166,050
11 Cheney, Liz (R-WY) $142,350
12 Gonzalez, Vicente (D-TX) $139,600
13 Arrington, Jodey (R-TX) $123,896
14 Roy, Chip (R-TX) $121,627
15 Van Duyne, Beth (R-TX) $117,961
16 Bice, Stephanie (R-OK) $116,983
17 Armstrong, Kelly (R-ND) $116,400
18 Jackson, Ronny (R-TX) $110,868
19 Veasey, Marc (D-TX) $109,450
20 Hern, Kevin (R-OK)

 

they are the big mouths for climate change...the sad fact is they are all crooks...consevative, liberal...lifetime politicians are the richest people in the world...I belong to no party now...I dont want to associate with any of them...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I really wish climate change wasn't political.  We can add that to the reasons I hate our politicians.

Good evening Rjay. Sadly so and as they try to speak out of more sides of the mouth than physically possible they become expert at playing both sides against the middle. A space we common folk end up occupying in contention. As always …..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

I really wish climate change wasn't political.  We can add that to the reasons I hate our politicians.

Unfortunately for all of us the realities of climate change will continue no matter how much people may deny them 

We're seeing that with the anti-vax crowd too as long eradicated diseases are now popping up again. 

I do think moreso than any politician, the rise of social media has been the most damaging to all these causes. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Dec-Feb could be +5 with no temps under 15, basically 2020 all over again, I’d have very little to complain about. Couple that with a Mar/Apr resembling 2012 while retaining our current summers and I’d be in a permanent state of euphoria.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Cfa said:

If Dec-Feb could be +5 with no temps under 15, basically 2020 all over again, I’d have very little to complain about. Couple that with a Mar/Apr resembling 2012 while retaining our current summers and I’d be in a permanent state of euphoria.

I'm going to Kauai in March so you all will probably have a blizzard here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Cfa said:

If Dec-Feb could be +5 with no temps under 15, basically 2020 all over again, I’d have very little to complain about. Couple that with a Mar/Apr resembling 2012 while retaining our current summers and I’d be in a permanent state of euphoria.

My guy you get like 6-8 months out of the year already. Let me have 3.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...