Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter

Rjay

23 hours ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

The drought sucks for obvious reasons. But I’m absolutely loving this warm and Sunny summer. We don’t get this often. 

Will generate about 37% more power from our rooftop solar panels this August over last.  July was up 30% YOY.    I'm never a fan of summer weather but all the sunshine has some practical benefits.

Still .. this is banter right? Bring on winter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snowshack said:

Will generate about 37% more power from our rooftop solar panels this August over last.  July was up 30% YOY.    I'm never a fan of summer weather but all the sunshine has some practical benefits.

Still .. this is banter right? Bring on winter.

Unfortunately my solar has had issues now for 2 years.  Great when they are working, but any issues are impossible to fix.   Sunpower is a terrible company. 

11 hours ago, Snowshack said:

Problems with the panels themselves?

They have been trying to figure thins out for literally 2 years.  I called initially in eary September 2020 when my one inverter box had a fault.  Now 24 months later after both inverter boxes have been replaced and about 20 site visits, I'm still only getting about 30% of what I was before the initial issue.  I have 68 panels and am only getting about 24 kWh per sunny day.  That means each panel would only be producing about .35 kWh per day which would be terrible.  Before the issue on sunny days I was producing about 90 kWh.  I now have bills every month and the dividend checks stink.  I think there is a connection issue somewhere, but they keep telling me no.  It's been extremely frustrating to say the least! 

3 hours ago, FPizz said:

They have been trying to figure thins out for literally 2 years.  I called initially in eary September 2020 when my one inverter box had a fault.  Now 24 months later after both inverter boxes have been replaced and about 20 site visits, I'm still only getting about 30% of what I was before the initial issue.  I have 68 panels and am only getting about 24 kWh per sunny day.  That means each panel would only be producing about .35 kWh per day which would be terrible.  Before the issue on sunny days I was producing about 90 kWh.  I now have bills every month and the dividend checks stink.  I think there is a connection issue somewhere, but they keep telling me no.  It's been extremely frustrating to say the least! 

Everything still under warranty?  Unfortunately you're probably going to have to ride them to get it fixed.   Somethings malfunctioning for sure ---for comparison i have 29 panels and generating about 50kWh on max August days.  

5 minutes ago, Snowshack said:

Everything still under warranty?  Unfortunately you're probably going to have to ride them to get it fixed.   Somethings malfunctioning for sure ---for comparison i have 29 panels and generating about 50kWh on max August days.  

I have been for 2 years.  Warranty up soon as I'm approaching 10 years.  Supposedly they are running some test that will have results soon.  

35 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Camp at 11,757 feet just below Georgia Pass in Colorado. Day 5 of my Colorado Trail thru hike. The weather out here has been beautiful. 

1zJFxlp.jpg

Magnificent. Live the life when you can or as some of us ……you will have to live it through others when you cannot. Dream vistas, as always…..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rclab said:

Magnificent. Live the life when you can or as some of us ……you will have to live it through others when you cannot. Dream vistas, as always…..

That's why I "wasted" my 20s traveling around the continent. I went from AK to Mexico, east coast to west coast and all over in between. I've only missed 6 states, couldn't drive to one of those is the excuse though, so the quest isn't fully complete but it's close. 

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

That's why I "wasted" my 20s traveling around the continent. I went from AK to Mexico, east coast to west coast and all over in between. I've only missed 6 states, couldn't drive to one of those is the excuse though, so the quest isn't fully complete but it's close. 

I’m wasting my 30’s as hiker trash. Never too old to do dumb shit. 

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Gravity no, no and no. In my case “I should have” is the definition of wasted. In your case your 20’s became your ‘Golden Years’ when you could best enjoy them. Better yet ….. the quest is ongoing. Stay well, as always …

9 hours ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

Can’t imagine the .5 I got yesterday penetrated down to any roots. Drought lives on 

It wasn't enough for most vegetation around here. Honestly looks like October out there with all the stressed trees. Bad foliage season coming up like we had in 2020 when the salt spray from Isaias destroyed the trees around here