• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter

Rjay

Seeing a lot of lantern flies over the past week around here, hadn’t really seen them until now. 

And, PSA: 

“For the past couple of years, bug experts and agriculture officials have been urging homeowners and business owners to kill spotted lanternflies. But some of the most popular devices used to snuff out those insects — glue traps — have unintentionally been injuring and killing birds, according to officials from The Raptor Trust

• Like 1

Just now, Maureen said:

Seeing a lot of lantern flies over the past week around here, hadn’t really seen them until now. 

And, PSA: 

“For the past couple of years, bug experts and agriculture officials have been urging homeowners and business owners to kill spotted lanternflies. But some of the most popular devices used to snuff out those insects — glue traps — have unintentionally been injuring and killing birds, according to officials from The Raptor Trust

They're everywhere.

This was taken by a neighbor a few blocks from me

Screenshot_20220809-113354_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

lol idiots are like ohhhhh noooooo it’s a drought conserve water, do i even have to say it?  USE THE OCEAN IT’S RIGHT THERE.  what the hell do you think they put it there for

Good evening Will. Looking at your avatar, forky’s, Lantern fly photos and with Anthony just posting a ‘Winter Cancel  in the New England Forum …. These are perilous times we are living in. Stay well and hydrated. As always …

• Like 1

Been hoping for good weather early to mid next week but hasn't looked great.  Didn't realize it reflected a storm close to the coast.  Jumped on here and seeing some signs that it may be strung out and/or OTS?  Unlike the winter, hoping for this trend to continue and that the models don't start to 'bring it back.'  

P.S. If this post has so much wrong in it you don't know where to start, I understand.

40 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

what if it never rains again

Good morning forky. A provocative statement without a question mark.

In answer, with no rain, no snow, no sleet, the unforgiving sun will enhance the threat of dry storms, to fill the cracks and bury whatever might have been remembered. ….. And yet in this desolate answer to your question, I find hope. Hope in the belief that even from dust, we still can rise. Stay well and hydrated. As always ….

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The animals are getting desperate for food. This week a deer jumped a 7' fence to eat my sweet corn, and a groundhog chewed through chicken wire to get to my tomatoes. Neither garden has ever been breached before. :(

This is what happens when we defund the police. 

• Haha 1