Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter

Rjay

1 hour ago, Cfa said:

ISP’s 13” in 3 hours in 2014 really continues to stand out for me with all of these extreme rainfall events.

3 hours. More than 1 month’s worth of rain per hour.

That was a truly historic day. A foot of snow is nice, but a foot of rain is another beast. ISP holds the state record for the most amount of rain in such a short amount of time. It really was one of the most significant rainfall/flooding events ever in our area given the time frame and considering it wasn't from a tropical system.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TWCCraig said:

That was a truly historic day. A foot of snow is nice, but a foot of rain is another beast. ISP holds the state record for the most amount of rain in such a short amount of time. It really was one of the most significant rainfall/flooding events ever in our area given the time frame and considering it wasn't from a tropical system.

The worst I can remember locally is the 10” of rain the weekend before Irene in Long Beach Aug 2011. It almost all fell in one morning and turned every street into a river. The worst ever for me personally was 16” of rain in one day in Austin in Oct 2015 which was from the remnants of E PAC Hurricane Patricia. That by far was the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

so does everyone here believe that human co2 emissions are warming the climate? 

Good evening forky. From the nearly 8 billion human bodies, no. However when you add in human created causative factors it’s impossible to deny. As always …

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

so does everyone here believe that human co2 emissions are warming the climate? 

I live on a giant glacial moraine called Long Island, NY.

Mother nature took our ice, but twice. Twin forks to show.

We cannot control the weather. Climate is going to climate.

Sadly, it is political to the extreme now.

GIGO Forever, Inshalgore, amen.

:whistle: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Greetings from the source of all heat (sunny 102 F but it's a dry heat) ... anyway, just a reminder to participating NYC forum members that the August temperature forecast contest thread is open. The July scoring has been estimated and almost everybody scored very close to consensus despite a range of forecasts, just all variations cancelling out. This leaves the contest in perhaps the most competitive mode it has seen for many years. Annual update not yet posted but it was close after June so will stay that way, I believe. 

5 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Good late afternoon Anthony, forky. There’s something a bit unsettling about the juxtaposition of your avatars and topics, stay well, as always …..

4 hours ago, forkyfork said:

there is nothing worse than drought. day after day after day of nothing

On 7/26/2022 at 7:30 PM, SnoSki14 said:

How dumb would you have to be to not believe it. 

I certainly believe that fossil fuel gases are contributing to global warming.  However, science is very divided on this subject.  I guess you can argue that science is also political.  

Jeff Beradelli is a big proponent of man made emissions  causing the warm up.  I asked him to go on Sean Hannity's show, but he declined.  While Hannity is a staunch conservative, I think he would have given Jeff a fair shake, if he stuck only to the science and presented it well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

I certainly believe that fossil fuel gases are contributing to global warming.  However, science is very divided on this subject.  I guess you can argue that science is also political.  

Jeff Beradelli is a big proponent of man made emissions  causing the warm up.  I asked him to go on Sean Hannity's show, but he declined.  While Hannity is a staunch conservative, I think he would have given Jeff a fair shake, if he stuck only to the science and presented it well.

Good morning Dark Star. This is a missed opportunity. I remember former Mayor de Blasio being interviewed on his show. A good discourse done civilly would help all of us. Stay well, as always ….

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Good morning Dark Star. This is a missed opportunity. I remember former Mayor de Blasio being interviewed on his show. A good discourse done civilly would help all of us. Stay well, as always ….

I vaguely remember the interview.  deBlasio would not answer certain simple questions.

the world is warming and we are contributing to it...How much??? the hysteria and politicalization is what I dont like...politicians with stock in electric cars are telling us that's the best way to go...Humans will adapt...just dont by realestate near the water or small stream...

3 minutes ago, uncle W said:

the world is warming and we are contributing to it...How much??? the hysteria and politicalization is what I dont like...politicians with stock in electric cars are telling us that's the best way to go...Humans will adapt...just dont by realestate near the water or small stream...

I'm not on the electric cars will save our planet train because as of today the damage is not much different than ICE vehicles. 

Mass public transportation, trains would actually be far more effective.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, uncle W said:

Sure, we’ll adapt after half of us are wiped out. Most of which are people who live in poor and under developed countries. I’m sure many in this country will disregard that as any importance because of the fascist nature of our ideology. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1