• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter

Rjay

The fact that live TV stations like CBS and Lonnie Quinn still use Central Park as the go-to temperature observation for the city is pathetic to say the least. Everyone knows it's too cool and not representative of the city. It misleads some people to think it's cooler than it is, thus taking less precaution to the heat. They really had people thinking it's only 87 in the city when every site around it is in the 90's except JFK. They'd be better off showing the temperatures across the area from each station

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Forky was hiking in this shit. 

when I was in my 20's I would ride my bike in this crap...hiking in the woods is different than walking in the city...its a lot cooler....its like having a weather obs sight in Central Park...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Texans deal with this for months out of the year except it's even hotter there 

It’s hot but this is nothing like what Austin’s like this time of year (I lived there 2015 and 2016). You deal with it by being indoors all day and going out long after the sun goes down at 9-10pm. And it was only occasionally 100+ when I lived there-hottest I remember it getting was 107. The insane amount of rain they had in May 2015 probably cooled that summer down. This summer’s way worse in TX where it’s now something like 20-25 days in a row over 100 with no end in sight for almost the whole state. 

I remember Austin as much for the severe weather/rain in 2015 as the heat which is saying something. The heat finally breaks there in late Oct. 

If this is the "great weather" westerners claim for themselves, then they can keep it.  I'd NEVER move to the southwest and experience this weather or worse, day after day.  And yes, I know it's drier (although this has been pretty dry the last couple of days), but that just means fewer, if any, clouds, and no prospects of rain.  If I didn't have rain every few days, and interesting clouds, and changeable weather, I'd sorely miss it.  Who would want to retire to a place with weather like this?  Ugh! [heat-driven rant over].

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

The problem is you lose credibility as a Real Live Professional when you harass members like you did to me yesterday.

I love hearing what you guys think, but the public harassment I have witnessed and the many deletions I have received when I had a question about a post of yours puts you into the unprofessional (at least on this forum) category.

your summer of yesteryear turned into one of the hottest months on record at your nearest asos. sorry you're mad about it <3 

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

Historic rainfall is underway in St. Louis. Through 7:15 CDT, 8.09" has fallen. That smashes the daily mark of 2.24" from 2009 and all-time record of 6.85" from August 20, 1915. It has had hourly rainfall as high as 2.21", including 4 consecutive hours with 1" or more of rain.

Wow!  Thanks for sharing, I hadn't been paying attention.

• Like 1