Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter

Rjay

On 6/24/2022 at 7:45 AM, Rjay said:

Better late than never

Good morning Rjay. Considering Robs reaction, I wonder if we could get Joey Chestnut to wear a Weather Forum T Shirt for the July 4th event. We’ll all enjoy the weather and the banter, as always …

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

reminder: if we used normals going back 100 years we'd all be well above average this june. thanks <3 

since 1870 the average June temperature in NYC is close to 71.0...since 1930 the average is 71.7...this year could end up 71.4...

43 minutes ago, uncle W said:

since 1870 the average June temperature in NYC is close to 71.0...since 1930 the average is 71.7...this year could end up 71.4...

ewr is 74 this month. if the park asos wasn't garbage it would be close to that

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

ewr is 74 this month. if the park asos wasn't garbage it would be close to that

there has been talk that Newark is two degrees warmer than Harrison and Elizabeth...there are problems with the big three sights and JFK is for beach goers...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uncle W said:

last year and this year could be off a bit...has Newark been checked lately...

On his 5 PM update Craig Allen on WCBS radio Reported high temperatures across the area at 5pm were in the mid eighties eighties and then he mentioned Newark which was at 91 at 5 PM.  He believes there's a sensor issue at Newark And mentioned it on air today.  He's a well respected met doing this for many years and wouldn't say something like that if he didn't believe it to be true. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, binbisso said:

On his 5 PM update Craig Allen on WCBS radio Reported high temperatures across the area at 5pm were in the mid eighties eighties and then he mentioned Newark which was at 91 at 5 PM.  He believes there's a sensor issue at Newark And mentioned it on air today.  He's a well respected met doing this for many years and wouldn't say something like that if he didn't believe it to be true. 

Honestly, and this is no disrespect to Criag Allen at all but people like Bluewave have looked into this topic way more than people like Craig.  Newark lines up perfectly with interior sections of Brooklyn and Queens.  It is what it is.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, forkyfork said:

reminder: if we used normals going back 100 years we'd all be well above average this june. thanks <3 

How has the way they measured temps changed since 1870?  Not that it matters, just wondering.  Is there a website explaining it?  I'm sure now it is all digital, so they track it 24/7.  I'm guessing way back when they tracked every hour maybe?

9 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

love these dudes

Good morning Will. The wing/body coloring in the photo light is fanciful. These little ones may have given rise to the sprite/fairy legends of old. I know, I know … stay out of the sun before posting. As always …..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Will. The wing/body coloring in the photo light is fanciful. These little ones may have given rise to the sprite/fairy legends of old. I know, I know … stay out of the sun before posting. As always …..

Good morning rclab.   It wasn't actually hot yesterday.  Temperatures were in the mid 40s.  Try and prove me wrong.  

20 minutes ago, rclab said:

it had just emerged and hadn't darkened/hardened off yet

• Thanks 1