Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Summer 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

9 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Why's that guy so dirty prior to slicing it open 

I’m assuming this is what he does for a living and might have more than one animal around.  I think Fish and Game brought it to him.  It was also hit by a car so maybe there’s some mess on the other side?

Best guess is this wasn’t his first of the day.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m assuming this is what he does for a living and might have more than one animal around.  I think Fish and Game brought it to him.  It was also hit by a car so maybe there’s some mess on the other side?

Best guess is this wasn’t his first of the day.

Yeah I'm just bustin', that's a lot of meat tho, awesome. Not sure I've ever eaten manbearpig, only bear's BBQ

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Despite testing negative pretty sure I've got covid. Woke up yesterday with muscle aches, fever and lower back pain. It's awful. My wife had the same thing last month. Been in bed all weekend

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Be sure to test again tomorrow and really the q tip up there, I tested negative the first time, both times I had it

• Like 2

Flying to IAD from BTV for a conference. Scheduled to take off at 7:30 PM. Got to the airport around 6:15. As I’m getting out of the car I get a text that the flight is delayed until 9:00. Stuck at the airport for 2.5 hours. The one restaurant and store closed at 7:00. Ugh.

24 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Flying to IAD from BTV for a conference. Scheduled to take off at 7:30 PM. Got to the airport around 6:15. As I’m getting out of the car I get a text that the flight is delayed until 9:00. Stuck at the airport for 2.5 hours. The one restaurant and store closed at 7:00. Ugh.

Gotta love BTV airport.

55 minutes ago, mreaves said:

At least there was no security line. Lol. 

Skinny Pancake hours are tough.  The lack of any open store is tough there during hours when you’d think something should be open.  Then again the last time I flew I was surprised even at major airports for the lack of open stores/restaurants.  Labor shortage in that service industry definitely impactful still… flying used to be an experience, even in the airport.  Now its like you sit and wait until we are ready to take you somewhere… like Greyhound bus experiences were in college.

6 hours ago, mreaves said:

Remember those nylon strap woven ones?  They would get stretched ane strap would always break. 

My mother in law still has a bunch of those she uses regularly.   She’s 90      A couple of years ago we partially cleaned out her garage and cellar.  We got rid of a few and she had some still in plastic wrapping that had never been opened /used

9 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Nice sunset tonight after decent rain showers...again. The loons are out tonight, haunting sounds echoing off the water. 

Also, These folding lawn chairs from the 1960s or 70s are more comfortable than the ADK chairs.

20220815_201819.jpg

20220815_200517.jpg

DIT wants to know if you had to wear a hoodie

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/14/2022 at 6:27 AM, BrianW said:

Heads up to those using heating oil.  Lots of signs are showing heating oil potentially costing $8+ a gallon this winter.

A Storm Brews in Heating Oil: Elements by Javier Blas

The US and Europe are running out of time to refill storage tanks.

Today’s Take: The Storm Brewing in Heating Oil

Heating oil is not what naturally comes to mind in the middle of August — particularly during a heat wave in Europe. Moreover, the market appears calm on the surface, with prices down 30% since March.

Dig a bit deeper, though, and there’s a storm brewing.

America and Europe ordinarily use the low-demand seasons of spring and summer to rebuild their stocks of middle distillates — heating oil and diesel — for use during the winter. So far, they have largely failed to do so.

In the US, middle-distillate inventories typically increase by 20 million barrels from mid-April to mid-September. However, stocks are up by only 2 million barrels this time as refiners concentrate on making gasoline and overseas demand drains local stocks. In Europe, the situation is similar.

The US East Coast is of particular concern. The region is home to New York Harbor, the pricing point for US heating oil. It’s also where the demand is: of the roughly 5.3 million households that use heating oil in America, more than 80% are in the Northeast. On a seasonal level, East Coast middle-distillate inventories are the lowest since at least 1992.

Typically, stocks start falling there by mid-September, and soon after in the rest of America and Europe, suggesting the industry has all but run out of time to rebuild the buffer.

High prices will be needed to force demand down and avoid running out of supply. But even high prices may not dent consumption enough because German industrial companies are switching from gas to oil, using more heating oil and diesel for electricity and steam production.

Ironically, Europe is for now relying on Russian diesel to fill the gap, with imports in June and July rebounding to prewar levels. Starting in February, however, Europe won’t be allowed to import Russian diesel as sanctions over the Ukraine invasion take effect. By then, the heating oil market may feel as hot as the weather does now.

I see places allowing to lock in prices.....so maybe that is more speculation then anything?