Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Summer 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

On 7/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, dendrite said:

@powderfreak or any of you other Vermonters out there...

Are you familiar with this place? I'm considering getting some trees from him and may make the ride up this weekend. It's right next to MPV.

https://www.perfectcircle.farm/

I hadn't come across them before.  We have gotten things from Evergreen Gardens in Waterbury/Stowe and East Hill Farm in Plainfield in that general area.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:43 AM, dendrite said:

He does a lot of grafted pawpaws there. I've been emailing with him for awhile. Seems like a nice guy.

I just drove past and noticed he had a sign out for a Lt. Governor candidate that I do not support.  Based on that and that alone, I cannot recommend his trees.

• Haha 2

Just a quick note that C19 is just raging right now . 17 of 71 members at my work are out and we haven’t ever seen numbers close to this , but now a big change / lessening of collecting and reporting cases officially compared to earlier in year  lol. Not a fear or drama post at all. It’s primarily just a big inconvenience. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Then he sat there pondering the smallness of humans in a universe where the sun in blasting us with solar flares.

That explains the lack of hustle… had one of those college dorm room stoner revelations about how small human life is in the universe

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

That was an amazing night.  I had my first digital camera.  No long exposure needed.  They were so bright.  I was driving around in awe.  Here is a picture I grabbed over Newfound Lake

2003.jpg

Eek has pics of the CME right over his head. Was amazing down in Bedford where I was working. I haven’t seen them with the visible eye since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

At $17.5 million that’s right in my price range, ha.  But wow I never heard or have seen that.  Cool house idea.

The real estate market around here is absolutely bonkers.  In under 10 years our townhome value has like quadrupled.  If I had somewhere to go, I’d put ours on the market for something outrageously high and see if anyone would bite.

I remember seeing the place Phin got in NH… the space in square footage, build quality, the views, the property, etc and the price.  People in Stowe are buying like 900 square foot condos for what Phin got his pad for.  It’s madness. 

Just got a nice cut on my chin.  Is it a cool story that I can tell if anyone ever asks me "how did you get that scar?" 

No! I was moving the frame for a day bed that we recently picked up.  While I was moving the trundle portion I somehow triggered the release which springs the trundle out.  It was vertical at the time so an iron bar on the frame was a couple of inches from my face.  Boom.  I have no idea how I still have all my teeth.

So how did you get that third concussion?  Sports?  bear attack?  break up a theft?  nope- trundle bed attacked me in my garage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

At $17.5 million that’s right in my price range, ha.  But wow I never heard or have seen that.  Cool house idea.

The real estate market around here is absolutely bonkers.  In under 10 years our townhome value has like quadrupled.  If I had somewhere to go, I’d put ours on the market for something outrageously high and see if anyone would bite.

I remember seeing the place Phin got in NH… the space in square footage, build quality, the views, the property, etc and the price.  People in Stowe are buying like 900 square foot condos for what Phin got his pad for.  It’s madness. 

Phin had good timing.

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

So when I read that article, I thought it said $1.75 million, not $17.5 million. I thought it seemed like a pretty good deal for 240 acres and the house. I guess I should call and cancel my showing lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, klw said:

Just got a nice cut on my chin.  Is it a cool story that I can tell if anyone ever asks me "how did you get that scar?" 

No! I was moving the frame for a day bed that we recently picked up.  While I was moving the trundle portion I somehow triggered the release which springs the trundle out.  It was vertical at the time so an iron bar on the frame was a couple of inches from my face.  Boom.  I have no idea how I still have all my teeth.

So how did you get that third concussion?  Sports?  bear attack?  break up a theft?  nope- trundle bed attacked me in my garage.

That sprung up on you

• Haha 1

This past March, with the untimely passing of Mish Michaels, our meteorological community lost a very special and talented contributor to our field. Mish' was a great colleague and friend. I had the opportunity to work closely with her during my Meteorology internship at WHDH, as well as during her contributions and brief professorial tenure at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, during the mid 1990s.  Mish was an extremely giving person, full of positive energy and optimism for our field, embracing any opportunity to be the teacher, or just sharing vivid anecdotes over dramatic events.  She touched so many of our lives, and she should never be forgotten.   

Enclosed please take a moment to learn more about a fundraising effort for "The Mish Michaels Exhibit Hall for Scientific Discovery" being designed and built at Blue Hill Observatory in Milton, MA.

Any contribution you would like to make will be most appreciated. 

In addition to her celebrity as a broadcast Meteorologist, and her times engaging with Universities, Mish was involved with the Observatory for many years as a board member and volunteer educator. She actively engaged and encouraged thousands of young minds to pursue careers in the sciences. 

Contributors giving $200 or more will be invited to a festive, early evening event on August 10th at Trillium Brewing Co in Canton, MA. Meteorologists, Tim Kelley, and Harvey Leonard I will be speaking. 

And all contributors will be invited to a special and private ceremony when "The Mish Michaels Exhibit Hall for Scientific Discovery" is completed in early 2023. 

Please be kind enough to share this with everyone you know who would want to honor and 
remember Mish.

The forward would like to thank you, so much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. Shredded as they come across the NY/CT border.

Same channel, different day imby. Was great though as I was able to get my first mow in at the new place. Despite the drought grass does very well out back where the water drains. Probably a little too well lol.

y5youAx.jpg

• Like 3