Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Summer 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

What is this?  Sounds like a fastpass for a ride a Disney.  Is this a separate travel lane that costs (additional) money to drive on?

Yes, there's four lanes and the lane to the left is only for those with an express pass. There would be traffic going slow and packed in the other three lanes and hardly anyone in the express lane so you can fly with the pass. It was worth it for the week, I'd have to ask my wife what it costs but maybe it's expensive for people that live there because there wasn't many people in that lane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I tossed pumpkins into the woods in the fall behind my house where I put all my grass clippings, old mulch, dirt, etc etc. 

I have a full fledged pumpkin plant growing. It’s pretty cool. 

Pumpkin growing in the woods of the bridgewater triangle equal this.

65F6168C-BCFE-44CF-B588-C7A7AA035ED4.png

• Haha 8

48 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I tossed pumpkins into the woods in the fall behind my house where I put all my grass clippings, old mulch, dirt, etc etc. 

I have a full fledged pumpkin plant growing. It’s pretty cool. 

Same thing happened to my brother in law, it grew in a pile of grass clippings

I never really could understand why monsters are always depicted like some reptilian slope-eyed scaly creature with oversized canines and bird talons

I mean, if you're a monster, shouldn't you rather be some variation of uber hot?  You know, actually alluring enough to draw in your victims - not inspire notions of something that must eat meat, like that image suggests. 

I dunno..  Maybe it is the vague semblance of what those types of hideous visages purport, that is really only "hideous" because it's built into our perceptions at an instinctual level - what is or should be construed as monster. That would in fact BE anything that eats us, when we would rather not be eaten.  

You look around in nature and that is sort of reptilian ... "demon eyed" look is doing most of that kind of eating.  Look at your beloved house cat - they are predatory, and they have a hint at that eye slopage.  Dogs?  When they feel threatened or set to guarding they expose their teeth and slope their eyes. 

Interesting.  I tell you.... the scariest demon ever will be the Bambi that hides amongst us.

50 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I never really could understand why monsters are always depicted like some reptilian slope-eyed scaly creature with oversized canines and bird talons

I mean, if you're a monster, shouldn't you rather be some variation of uber hot?  You know, actually alluring enough to draw in your victims - not inspire notions of something that must eat meat, like that image suggests. 

I dunno..  Maybe it is the vague semblance of what those types of hideous visages purport, that is really only "hideous" because it's built into our perceptions at an instinctual level - what is or should be construed as monster. That would in fact BE anything that eats us, when we would rather not be eaten.  

You look around in nature and that is sort of reptilian ... "demon eyed" look is doing most of that kind of eating.  Look at your beloved house cat - they are predatory, and they have a hint at that eye slopage.  Dogs?  When they feel threatened or set to guarding they expose their teeth and slope their eyes. 

Interesting.  I tell you.... the scariest demon ever will be the Bambi that hides amongst us.

gossamer.jpg.be5292534eec85b35de30ba8c6b55c77.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol.

Everyone here will Be the first to witness whatever crawls out of the hockomock and is caught on my ring.

Bigfoot? Pukwudgies? Giant birds? Huge snakes?

giant :weenie: ?

• Haha 1

I just walked the dog and found an unopened Instant Pot Duo Crisp air fryer in the neighbors free pile.  She said it was about $200 but they just never felt like dealing with learning how to use it.

I have no idea how to use it either but I’ll at least read the directions and give it a whirl.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I just walked the dog and found an unopened Instant Pot Duo Crisp air fryer in the neighbors free pile.  She said it was about $200 but they just never felt like dealing with learning how to use it.

I have no idea how to use it either but I’ll at least read the directions and give it a whirl.

Air fryers are glorified convection ovens. There’s ton of recipes and directions online. Many “Instant Pots” are also pressure cookers in most cases. I don’t think they are difficult to figure out, though you may need to do a quick read of the manual to figure out how to switch between different modes. Enjoy the free appliance!

• Like 1

Took 132 home today to skip the traffic and other than a stretch near downtown Concord there was no significant defoliation for the entire ride to home. So a lot of that I93 damage is confined to near the highway

Maybe the mixed air from vehicles or salt use is affecting the fungues that keeps the spongies in check?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That’s all my wife uses to “cook”. She loves it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s all my wife uses to “cook”. She loves it. 

Now that I know what it is, I am definitely interested in the pressure cooker aspect of it among some other features.   Looks good for doing some healthy one pot meals and I like the dehydration feature.

57 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Now that I know what it is, I am definitely interested in the pressure cooker aspect of it among some other features.   Looks good for doing some healthy one pot meals and I like the dehydration feature.

The air fryer is nice to use so you don’t heat up the entire kitchen. 

• Like 1

Made a impromptu trip to Ottawa this weekend. We had no plans and May son and I hadn’t been to Canada in nearly 3 years and never to Ottawa. Of course I forgot completely about filling out the ArriveCAN health app. We had to download that at the border crossing in Alburg Springs, VT. Barely one bar of cell service and no wifi. Took over half an hour at the crossing just to do that.  Anyway, Ottawa seems nice. It’s all dressed up for Canada day. The whole city seemed to be out on the streets for the fireworks, which we missed because we got here late. 

674754B8-A5A2-4A13-A0AD-E3C87863419B.jpeg

99C07DCC-A4AE-4B6E-9E60-62A0DB554721.jpeg

• Like 6