Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Summer 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

52 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

How long you going for Dave? We went the first week of May for 8 days, stayed in the Southern part of Denver, there's so much to see there we couldn't possibly cover it all in 8 days.

7 days.   Lots of driving ahead.   I would prefer to stay in one area to avoid the driving, but got to keep the group happy.  

On 6/25/2022 at 2:13 PM, DavisStraight said:

Went to the Woodstock Winery/Brewery, Taylor Brooke, great beers and good wine, they had a food truck and live entertainment. Came home with a pack of Sash Away, a berry wine, very tasty.

Another good place for a Summer GTG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I was out there in 2005. Definitely an amazing area. Lots of weather variety driving at 12k. 

We went in May, we had a few days in the 70's and two days in the 30's for highs with one day spitting snow all in Denver. The towns in a little higher elevations had several inches of snow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

Another good place for a Summer GTG

Even a fall one.  Behind the brewery is a good number of seating areas. Would be a nice idea for a mild, Saturday afternoon in late Sept/ early Oct.

Went last Fall and it was great. I won a growler during their Octoberfest weekend by holding a full stein out in front of me longer than the others in the group. We had to keep our arms completely straight.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Even a fall one.  Behind the brewery is a good number of seating areas. Would be a nice idea for a mild, Saturday afternoon in late Sept/ early Oct.

Went last Fall and it was great. I won a growler during their Octoberfest weekend by holding a full stein out in front of me longer than the others in the group. We had to keep our arms completely straight.

I’ve watched those contests before. Saw a guy do it for over 20 minutes (I think)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

7 days.   Lots of driving ahead.   I would prefer to stay in one area to avoid the driving, but got to keep the group happy.  

If I did it again I'd do it the way you're doing it, we were tied to one spot so Rocky National Park was over two hours away, would have spent a night or two there if I wasn't booked in Denver the whole time. Boulder's a cool town, went to Colorado Springs, Pike's Peak and Red Rock. Also caught a ball game at Coors Field. Beautiful Park with plenty of leg room. Get the Express option for the highway, makes travel much quicker, worth every penny.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

If I did it again I'd do it the way you're doing it, we were tied to one spot so Rocky National Park was over two hours away, would have spent a night or two there if I wasn't booked in Denver the whole time. Boulder's a cool town, went to Colorado Springs, Pike's Peak and Red Rock. Also caught a ball game at Coors Field. Beautiful Park with plenty of leg room. Get the Express option for the highway, makes travel much quicker, worth every penny.

We are basically doing a loop.  Denver to Rocky Mountain NP to Breckinridge to Purgatory/Durango/ Mesa Verde then over to Canon City / Pikes Peak then back to Denver.  
As I said, lots of driving.  4 different hotels/condos.  

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We are basically doing a loop.  Denver to Rocky Mountain NP to Breckinridge to Purgatory/Durango/ Mesa Verde then over to Canon City / Pikes Peak then back to Denver.  
As I said, lots of driving.  4 different hotels/condos.  

Did Canon city too. White water rafting. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

What is this?  Sounds like a fastpass for a ride a Disney.  Is this a separate travel lane that costs (additional) money to drive on?

15 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Oh. I thought it was something extra special. lol.  I always assume that most people have a toll transponder when they travel, but I suppose the ez pass doesn't make it that far west. 

We don’t have an EZPass     I prob should get one (it costs nothing) but we are rarely on toll roads. 

I did mess up in my recent Maine trip.  On the turnpike there was a toll ($4) and I thought I had cash.  Oops.   Thought they could do the automated bill by plate like Mass does    Oops.  Thought they could take a debit card.  

Oops.   I had to fill out a form while several cars had to wait behind me. 

Lesson learned. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We don’t have an EZPass     I prob should get one (it costs nothing) but we are rarely on toll roads. 

I did mess up in my recent Maine trip.  On the turnpike there was a toll ($4) and I thought I had cash.  Oops.   Thought they could do the automated bill by plate like Mass does    Oops.  Thought they could take a debit card.  

Lesson learned. 

Wow. Maine isn't quite there yet. I am surprised since the state has self-proclaimed themselves as, "Vacationland" for years now. 

29 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Wow. Maine isn't quite there yet. I am surprised since the state has self-proclaimed themselves as, "Vacationland" for years now. 

Working on it. :D  (Though I'm surprised that debit cards re a no-go.)  The new Kennebunk plaza has high-speed lanes for EZ-pass.  The one in Gray on the Turnpike has been there for maybe 10 years, so it was past time for the big one at the south end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lesson learned. 

I did the same thing in Maine once.  The sent me a bill for $2 in the mail.  When we drove west last year, I bought an EZPass transponder from a vending machine at a service center on the NY State Thruway.  It was $25 but that money went into your account when you created it.  It was accepted on all the toll roads we used for the rest of the trip.  I still have the transponder and have both cars on the account so on the rare occasion we drive on a toll road, it's covered. 

• Like 1