• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Summer 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

The Yellowstone flooding has been pretty insane.  They are calling it 500-year event type stuff.  Google "Yellowstone Flooding" and there's some crazy stuff.  Bridges getting washed away, roads gone, even houses or camps getting floated downstream.

The rainfall amounts didn't strike me as overly impressive compared to the east, but with snowmelt and the sharp terrain in the Rockies, it apparently can get out of control in a big way.

288254451_307718064903421_77998276012907

• Like 3

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The Yellowstone flooding has been pretty insane.  They are calling it 500-year event type stuff.  Google "Yellowstone Flooding" and there's some crazy stuff.  Bridges getting washed away, roads gone, even houses or camps getting floated downstream.

The rainfall amounts didn't strike me as overly impressive compared to the east, but with snowmelt and the sharp terrain in the Rockies, it apparently can get out of control in a big way.

288254451_307718064903421_77998276012907

I heard somewhere that parts of the park may be closed for the entire summer. It was just about a year ago we started our trip out there. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Widespread floods in NNE, especially Maine, are usually rain/snowmelt events.  4/1/1987 (west/central Maine) and 5/1/2008 (Aroostook) are good examples.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

What’s the benchmark river flooding event in Maine?

I'd nominate the 1987 event on the Kennebec system because those peak flows were so much greater than any others for that river's drainage.
                                                 Years        1987 cfs       2nd place (year)
Kennebec at North Sidney:       41         232,000        113,000 (1984)    Relatively short POR.  The 1936 peak on the Kennebec was likely between 150,000 and 180,000 cfs

Sandy at Mercer:                        89          51,100            38,600 (1936)

Carabasset at North Anson       94          50,700           31,600 (2011, Irene)  30,800 in 1936

2nd place is the St. John in 2008
St. John at Fort Kent:                 93         183,000         151,000 (1979)

For New England as a whole, March 1936 was probably the most widespread flood, and is the top peak flow for many drainages.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We maybe should have planned a brewery themed Portland mini vacation instead of Ogunquit.  We will just stop by for lunch beer and a walk 

You could always hit Liquid Riot on Commercial and sit outside on the dock deck. They are more bar than brewery, but they do have their own stuff that's pretty good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

You could always hit Liquid Riot on Commercial and sit outside on the dock deck. They are more bar than brewery, but they do have their own stuff that's pretty good.

Yeah. Was looking at them, Austin, Urban Farms.      
Wish we had more time.  Holy Donut looks like it is worth a visit as well

I was complaining about eye allergies and having “heavy tired eyes” I went out yesterday and grabbed Systane zatidor eye drops And I swear I would do a commercial for them now . Takes away the heavy eyelid feeling that lasted all day and left me foggy and fatigued . Drop in each eye in A.M and P.M. so far nite and day difference 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I was complaining about eye allergies and having “heavy tired eyes” I went out yesterday and grabbed Systane zatidor eye drops And I swear I would do a commercial for them now . Takes away the heavy eyelid feeling that lasted all day and left me foggy and fatigued . Drop in each eye in A.M and P.M. so far nite and day difference 

Probably too many late DILF nights