Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2022-23

Ji

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Perhaps in response to HT strat water vapor in the Southern Hemisphere being picked up? And if there is a -NAO, can it pair up with a favorable or non-hostile Pac at times?

Interesting. If...IF that were to go down like that, then that would imply the potential for some interesting weather around the holidays. Pair that with the cold that some folks are calling for in December into January, and that might be fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I was a kid for that storm, the thing I remember besides helping my Dad shovel was the extremely heavy snowfall rates. It had to be 2-3 inches+ per hour for a few hours at one point during that storm, definitely some of the heaviest snow I ever saw in my life 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Looks like a moderate peak is a good call: 

First time it has dropped in like 5 months...about time if it is indeed going to make moderate.

Yea, for all of the bickering and back and forth we have done, we have always agreed that it should peak as moderate....you just hedge a bitter higher end moderate than I.

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

First time it has dropped in like 5 months...about time if it is indeed going to make moderate.

Yea, for all of the bickering and back and forth we have done, we have always agreed that it should peak as moderate....you just hedge a bitter higher end moderate than I.

This is the last push of strengthening, probably through late November/early December then we start marching toward neutral. Then the warming really starts to pickup this coming spring….probably in an El Niño by late summer IMO

7 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

This is the last push of strengthening, probably through late November/early December then we start marching toward neutral. Then the warming really starts to pickup this coming spring….probably in an El Niño by late summer IMO

I actually think it will be early summer.....maybe even June, which will allow it to induce and couple with the IOD very well. I expect it to be another neg IOD event, since this should be a modoki el nino.

On 10/5/2022 at 1:21 PM, alexderiemer said:

12/30/00 I think? DC got skunked, Philly got like 7 and of course NYC got buried

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

This was the first event I experienced after joining the wx community. About a week or two prior there was a massive cold front and blocking formed. Dec 30 2000 was originally a Miller A HECS on the models in the medium to long range, then it morphed into the Miller B it became. I remember texting Ji at around 3am the day of the event and him saying he couldn’t see a cloud in the sky which definitely didn’t bode well lmao. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Heisy said:

This was the first event I experienced after joining the wx community. About a week or two prior there was a massive cold front and blocking formed. Dec 30 2000 was originally a Miller A HECS on the models in the medium to long range, then it morphed into the Miller B it became. I remember texting Ji at around 3am the day of the event and him saying he couldn’t see a cloud in the sky which definitely didn’t bode well lmao. 

At one point they were comparing 12/30/00 to the Blizzard of ‘96 and the Megalopolis Blizzard of ‘83, the media hype was out of control for DC-BOS