Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

6 hours ago, Albedoman said:

precip on Monday is being ghostbusted . Precip chances dwindling by more than 10% each day. Not a real confident booster for sure. Each model run is being pushed further south and out to sea. Is this January 2022?  Tropical season is not going to arrive until mid Sept this year for us.

Yeah 10 days ago guidance showed a new wet pattern afoot and the drought looked to be history. Nope 2 rain chances failed later its full on dry again. 

16 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Damn fine sleeping weather. Which I am finally going to go experience. Night all~

7QFX7vN.png

Believe me I was out, me and the critters who were howling. Any NNW breeze, temps in the 50s and DPs in the low 50s is fine by me. People who like hot/humid summer heat are sinners...

Down to 40 days...

78F/ DP 51F

40.jpg

• Like 1

58.6 for the AM low. A few more clouds today but still a nice day with temps remaining in the below normal 70's for high temps across much of the County.
The record high for today is 99 degrees set in 1918. Record low is 46 degrees set in 1964. Daily rainfall record is 1.50" from 1942.
image.png.76d05c290884fecc4becc4306e09ed27.png

So...what time does the rain get underway? Asking for a friend.

Seriously, this has such a mid-winter-Miller-B-screw-job look to it. Precipitation dying off to our west as the coastal takes over too far OTS. And if it were winter, we'd be invoking all sorts of weenisms to wish cast this thing into existence..."Convective feedback!! The models are chasing the thunderstorms. The low will form closer to the coast." :mapsnow:

82F/DP 56F

• Weenie 1

This weather pattern sucks for sure. My yard is being destroyed. The garden stop producing and the we should be under a drought watch by the end of the week. No tropical development on the horizon that's for sure. I have had less than 2 in of rain since the beginning of June. The corn yields will be down big time. 

• Weenie 1

We've already had some light showers across East Nantmeal with .02" in the bucket so far. Some more showers are possible as we go through the day across the County. Temps will average a little below our normal highs in the upper 70's for much of the week - temps should return to near normal toward the weekend.
Our record high for today is 95 degrees from 1938. The record low is 49 degrees from 1924. The daily rainfall record is 1.38" set back in 1905.
image.png.a4144edd13907bd6391176b415315c09.png

12 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Made it to 89.7°F albeit with much reduced DP (high of 61.5) and a nice breeze this evening.

Another rounded 90 for you! I think you have had more such days than even what they have reported at the PHL Airport! You must be in a really good heating area - no other obs in Berks County reported over 86

image.png.e88fc560157b326f5e93e0887e9bdd3d.png

3 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Interesting retrograding "storms" on radar. The view from my front house cam is pretty impressive: (ignore the reflection of the curtains in the middle, camera is inside behind glass)

QwYE9Tp.png

Looking NW-ish, storms usually move left-to-right. This is moving the opposite.

There's no real flow. Storms/rain are moving all over the place w/no real direction?

Some stuff out near Reading. Where they go, who knows?

83F/DP 52F Not bad....

hell.jpg

Philly at 37 days 90+...they'll hit 40.

I'll give Steve Sosna (NBC10)credit and he's probably shaking his head. He has chance of storms/rain for a couple days in his forecast but said that's subject to change. Said "every time they approach they fizzle out" which is the truth. At least it's rain and not snow or there would be many bridge jumpings on this board...

Down to 81F/DP 54F

12 hours ago, Albedoman said:

This weather pattern sucks for sure. My yard is being destroyed. The garden stop producing and the we should be under a drought watch by the end of the week. No tropical development on the horizon that's for sure. I have had less than 2 in of rain since the beginning of June. The corn yields will be down big time. 

I gave up 2 weeks ago. We're in mid August. When you see pumpkin beer showing up at your local beer distributor Summer's on its last leg. Really think PA is underestimating how dry it is w/the drought watch though. I wouldn't attempt to light a firecracker off in the yard, it would flare up in a big blaze in 3 seconds...it's brown/yellow.

pa.jpg

3 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Interesting retrograding "storms" on radar. The view from my front house cam is pretty impressive: (ignore the reflection of the curtains in the middle, camera is inside behind glass)

QwYE9Tp.png

Looking NW-ish, storms usually move left-to-right. This is moving the opposite.

This is the upper air support for the offshore storm that is currently developing and waiting for the energy in the Carolinas to crank the low off the east coast. 

• Like 1

Our low this AM was a comfortable 57.3 in East Nantmeal Twp. At lake level at Marsh Creek they made it down to 54.4 degrees. We have now received measurable rainfall on 7 of the first 15 days of the month of August. We are running near 35% above normal rainfall. Looking ahead looks like some slightly warmer than normal temperatures may return this weekend. However, it is looking likely that many of the relative higher spots across the county may have already seen their last 90 degree reading of the year.
Our record high for today is 97 set in 1997. The record low is 43 degrees from 1979. Daily rainfall record is the 0.90" from way back in 1917. image.png.5c014a3e345029db32a7c9f1c9c36cdd.png