• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

I am down in Orlando Florida had a lot of Saharan Dust here today milky fuzzy clouds and all skies were brown / orange this morning.  Any thunderstorms were choked off. 

Looks like cooler up there temps near 80 and then a fairly wet patten showing up with an upper level low and surface low pressure developing in the Delmarva looks like a winter pattern within a weak El Nino. 

I will be back August 16th looks like the rain is August 13th at night to the 16th on and off, but it looked fairly significant. 

7 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Got hammered this morning.  1.93" of rain in an hour with about 1.5" of that falling in just 20 minutes.  Had a max rain rate of 6.78"/hr.  

Congrats! I am happy for my now 0.58".  Gives me a few days before a need to water again, and with the temps progged to be lower, that will help too. Was gonna reluctantly pull out the hose today and now can wait. :tomato:

Currently a misty 73 with dp 72.

• Thanks 1

Did a what the hell check and found a PA Drought monitor status published last week (am guessing a new one might issue today).  Definitely reflects the issue here in NW Philly as much of the rain and pop-ups have concentrated south of where I am.  I know that over th weekend, a "Drought Watch" had been declared and heavily advertised on KYW for Jersey, but we have our issues here on this side of the river.

I eeked out another 0.01" and stand at 0.59" at post time, with the heaviest rains now all over NJ. Currently misty and 72 with dp 72.

pa-drought-monitor-20220802_pa_trd-08112022.png

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Did a what the hell check and found a PA Drought monitor status published last week (am guessing a new one might issue today).  Definitely reflects the issue here in NW Philly as much of the rain and pop-ups have concentrated south of where I am.  I know that over th weekend, a "Drought Watch" had been declared and heavily advertised on KYW for Jersey, but we have our issues here on this side of the river.

I eeked out another 0.01" and stand at 0.59" at post time, with the heaviest rains now all over NJ. Currently misty and 72 with dp 72.

pa-drought-monitor-20220802_pa_trd-08112022.png

I agree. Drought does not stop at the Delaware River just like flooding and a Nor'Easter..  The media takes a graphic and runs with it no matter how stupid it is. The USGS people need to wake up when doing public media for graphics. The media is too stupid to recognize the situation.

https://www.drought.gov/states/Pennsylvania/county/Lehigh

• Weenie 1

After today's high in the low 80's there is a good chance much of Chester County PA will see high temps getting no higher than the 70's for the next week or so. This nice stretch of below normal weather will be a welcome change! Of note although our recent stretch was above normal and very uncomfortable. It looks increasingly likely that overall the summer months (June-July-August) at most of the Chester County reporting sites will average pretty close to a normal summer.
Our record high for today is the 101.5 set today back in 1900. The record low was 48 degrees from 1974. The daily rainfall record is 1.14" set in 1982.
image.png.ee998847fbeb3142574f86cadef91c88.png

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Got a whole inch of rain here last night, bringing the August total to 1.89" so far. Looking forward to some real nice weather the next few days. Currently 76F, dp 66....getting there.

Yeah it got noticeably nicer working outside towards around 4pm this afternoon at my job site. Still hot, but much dryer with a breeze. Looking forward to enjoying this stretch. Last year though we had a hot/humid stretch at the end of August, so hopefully we don't repeat that.

Currently 78 with a DP of 59.7. A nice reprieve.

64.3 for the AM low this morning in NW Chesco. Nice stretch of cooler weather across Chester County with temps unlikely to reach 80 degrees for at least the next week especially across the relatively higher spots. After a near perfect weekend, we get into a pretty wet pattern with Monday through Wednesday being the wettest days.

Our record high for today is 101 set in 1900. Record low was 45 degrees in 1930. Daily rainfall record the 5.22" that fell today in 1955.

image.png.b99a9961561036515159a073d11f85ec.png

Wasn't sure how low I would go but it wasn't very (although better than the past week).  Ended up at 70 and after the stratus cleared and the sun burst out, it's currently 75, with some scattered cirrus and a dp of 61.

I did see a Fire Weather section up in the AFD for the next couple days ahead of what is speculated as being a coastal. So hopefully we won't see anything igniting before we get some much-needed rain that supposedly arrives Monday and into next week.

• Like 2

The low this morning in East Nantmeal was 56.2. Our chilliest low since the 55.4 on June 24th. However, lower spots like a lake level at Marsh Creek bottomed out at 51.8. Top 10 summer weather weekend on tap across the County today. We should see below normal temps at least through next Friday. It looks a little wet starting Monday night through Tuesday.
Record high for today is 99 set in 1918. Our record low is 43 degrees set back in 1930. Daily rainfall record was the 4.17" just 4 years ago in 2018.
image.png.05dec64ab184050bac670d0a8d34e378.png