Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

13 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

East Nantmeal sounds like a magical place.  You even have one fewer 90+ day than Bradford at 2100’ near the New York state line. And if there’s a heat island in McKean County, there must be a heat island everyone. 40,000 people and 1,000 square miles.

It truly is a magical place. Legend has it that it sits over an ice cap remnant from the last ice age.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Best light show in years multiple thunderheads

Yeah I was just outside with my dog looking at that. Supposedly a storm is inching towards me, we'll see if it ever gets here. Not betting on it--it has that "holy crap Armageddon is approaching aaaaaand it's gone" look to it.

• Like 1

Another 0.35" of rain fell yesterday in East Nantmeal. So we are already over 2.5 x of normal rainfall through the first 5 days of August. We are also exactly normal regarding temperatures so far here in the month.
Our record high today is a toasty 104 set way back in 1914. The record low is 45 set in 1957. The daily rainfall record is 2.17" from 1938.
image.png.a7b8f586377e51199fae496a0ee81484.png

30 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Went to bed with popcorn on the radar and woke up to find someone ate it before It got here. :huh:

Ended up with a final high of 91 yesterday (just after 3:30 pm) and had a low of 72 this morning.

Currently unsettled -  starting out sunny and now mostly cloudy with breaks of sun and 77, with dp 73.

I was watching it. Within a couple frames it went from some activity to just about blank. Poof

Yeah, sun made a appearance early and now mostly cloudy. Even some darker clouds looking to the west...

75F/DP 73F

25 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Still ready at 3pm:

Screenshot_20220806-145806_copy_1216x945_copy_499x387.png.c1737d408442cc68d5322ce6ddcf497c.png

It's going have to maintain still ready/stand by mode for some time. Some echoes back W starting to form and we have ideal conditions (87F/DP 74F/mostly sunny). Just have to get lucky a batch forms in your general area....not counting on it though.