Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

6 hours ago, RedSky said:

94F here at 670ft in the cool green hills and forests of upper Bucks Steinberg amazing eh?

Local forecast gives the showers in central PA a decent 40% chance of making it here

You need to move to the Chester County climate to escape those pesky 90+ days!!

Of note both KMQS and KPTW both made it to 91.4 today for their hottest temps so far this summer yet for both only their 8th day over 90 all summer! Here in NW Chesco in East Nantmeal....only my poorly sited rooftop Tempest station could record a 90 plus day with a 91.4 high today. Unsurprisingly the well sited stations both the VP2 and Ambient units at my location could do no hotter than 88.1 and 88.2 respectively. Proper siting always wins! I am not home to measure rain and the VP seems clogged but the Tempest has recorded 1.17" of rain so far with the storm....not sure I buy it and of course will wait for the coco bucket measure to use as climate data. As you all know I am I suspect the biggest climate data fact weather weenie on this site and trust me I will  of course be sure to update the data when I get the "official" reading.

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Eeked out .20" last evening. Rain made it to CB Park just in time.

72F/DP 71F

Really can't believe it lasted long enough to call it right in the 5th? (cough, cough, home advantage but a W)

75F/DP 72F

Need to sun to pop out and create instability, currently cloudy...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Really can't believe it lasted long enough to call it right in the 5th? (cough, cough, home advantage but a W)

75F/DP 72F

Need to sun to pop out and create instability, currently cloudy...

I'm in the sun hole to the NW. Currently 79°F and climbing rapidly.

Somehow we eked out .11" just after midnight last night.

I was not in Chester County last night but according to some neighbors it was a pretty intense thunderstorm. My power appears to have briefly gone out around 730pm and looks to have impacted my rainfall amounts. I am not local to read the manual gauge...but my Tempest station measured 1.24" of rain last night. My wife heard from a neighbor who measured over an inch....any other folks with that much rain last evening? Most locations across Chester County did record a 90+ day yesterday. Unsurprisingly in East Nantmeal we could do no better than 88.1. Still just one 90 degree day this summer!
Today's record high is 99 set in 1930. Our record low is the 45 degrees in 1951. Our daily rainfall record is 1.41"
image.png.7ca9bb11d4491271d30d7498f69acd96.png

14 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

The odd boundary has been passing over me with some dark clouds and I had popped out to take a look. 

And mark this date - I FINALLY FINALLY heard my first cicada!  Just one.  Also heard a couple crickets.  Took this damn long.

Temp down to 84 with dp 69.

kdix_20220805_0007_BR_0.5-annotated.png

And I FINALLY, FINALLY saw my first cicada killer this week. Just one. If we could get your bees together with my cicadas...:drunk:

79F/DP 73F

13 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Another sure thing wet day gone dry on guidance amazing

Pretty much have the entire weekend for storms. All it takes is a slow stubborn cell to sit on top, a solid line or some sort of training and there's your 1"-2"+.....happens all the time.

86F/DP 72F

Filling in a bit more to the W within the past hour:

fill.jpg

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

And I FINALLY, FINALLY saw my first cicada killer this week. Just one. If we could get your bees together with my cicadas...:drunk:

79F/DP 73F

LOL  I have had those cicada killers buzzing out front all through June and some of July but haven't seen them recently.  I'm just glad to finally hear ONE cicada! :lol:

My low ended up being 71 @5:47 am and it doesn't look like I'm gonna hit 90 today with all the overcast.  The highest that I reached so far was 87 and it's currently an overcast 86 (including some breaks in the cloud deck) with dp 73.

19 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

You need to move to the Chester County climate to escape those pesky 90+ days!!

East Nantmeal sounds like a magical place.  You even have one fewer 90+ day than Bradford at 2100’ near the New York state line. And if there’s a heat island in McKean County, there must be a heat island everyone. 40,000 people and 1,000 square miles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1