Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Radar not real impressive....maybe a few showers this evening.

79F/DP 71F

nothing.jpg

That basically disintegrated by the time it got to me.  Don't know if any might form later overnight but I am at least glad to have gotten a good soaking yesterday.

I did make it up to 85 as a high today and it's currently mostly cloudy but with breaks in the cloud deck, and 77 with dp 70.

38 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Bottomed out at 70 this morning and it's currently mostly sunny with some scattered cirrus, 74, and a dp of 68.

There has to be something wrong with my weather station here in Media Delaware County.  I had a dewpoint of 61 now it's 60.  There cannot be that much a of a difference?

55 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

There has to be something wrong with my weather station here in Media Delaware County.  I had a dewpoint of 61 now it's 60.  There cannot be that much a of a difference?

I am about 5 miles east of KLOM and did a quicke snapshot of NWS's "current conditions" there and they are showing a dp of 64, which is my current.  I don't normally use them for myself because that is out near Bluebell and not as much UHI affected.

My current temp is 77.

(ETA - I peeped at KPHL and they are showing a dp of 65)

nws-KLOM-850am-07302022.PNG

nws-KPHL-854am-07302022.PNG

Today looks to be another slightly below normal temperature day across Chester County. We should finish the month of July as very close to average temps. A great weekend in store before the heat begins to build during the upcoming week.
The record high temperature for today is 98 degrees set in 1917. Our record low is 50 degrees set in 1956. The daily rainfall record is the 1.11" that fell today in 1918.
image.png.09dfe108762f90ec0c49bc0fbbd43fbe.png

14 hours ago, RedSky said:

Horrible model performance today, about as bad as yesterday when it did rain lol

They kinda screwed up all 3 days. (Wed/Thurs/Fri).

Wed, little chance of anything. (I received a decent amount)

Thurs, chance of some showers (I received a decent amount)

Fri, downpours/T-storms (I received zilch, nadda)

84F/DP 63F w/a nice breeze.

5 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Halloween stuff showing up on store shelves, back-to-school commercials on the radio…stick a fork in it, summer is done!

(Feel free to bump this post on Thursday.) :P

Add Birds training camp has begun so a bunch of things showing summer the door. He'll get a couple last punches in but he'll be on life support soon.

As far as Halloween, there's a shortage of my favorite candy. As a kid, I'd be a little pissed running from door to door and coming up short...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-reeses-peanut-butter-cup-shortage-hershey-wont-meet-halloween-candy-demand-ceo-warns-11659109992

73F/DP 62F

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Add Birds training camp has begun so a bunch of things showing summer the door. He'll get a couple last punches in but he'll be on life support soon.

As far as Halloween, there's a shortage of my favorite candy. As a kid, I'd be a little pissed running from door to door and coming up short...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-reeses-peanut-butter-cup-shortage-hershey-wont-meet-halloween-candy-demand-ceo-warns-11659109992

73F/DP 62F

Now you can just go to Wawa, lol. I got 2 warnings from a Maryland state trooper once, in part as a result of my wife and I picking up some Reese's and a Kit Kat bar at a rest stop. It's a long (but funny) story.

5 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Now you can just go to Wawa, lol. I got 2 warnings from a Maryland state trooper once, in part as a result of my wife and I picking up some Reese's and a Kit Kat bar at a rest stop. It's a long (but funny) story.

Reese's were my favorite and neighbors back then would hand out the full size 2-pack not the "fun size" smaller 1 pack nowadays. "Fun size" isn't so fun because you receive less candy.

Uneventful weather for the next several days with increasing heat and humidity...blah.  

71F/DP 62F

We should finish the month with out 5th day in the last 6 with below normal temps. The earlier discussed heat wave coming later this week appears to be a bit more muted than earlier thought. The NWS now only has Thursday with a high above 90 degrees with temps back into the mid-80's by Friday and Saturday.
Our record high for today is the 102 degrees set back in 1954. The record low was 48 degrees set way back in 1895. Our daily rainfall record is the 2.49" that fell today in 1992.
image.png.49c923a93cdd1c5e5d93d9f51d0492d6.png

12 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

73F/DP 62F

People hoard gold and MRE’s for the apocalypse. What the pandemic taught me is to hoard alcohol, toilet paper and now Reese’s.

75F/DP 65F

• Like 1
  • Haha 1