• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

Radar indicates rain just to my north, but there's nothing on the lightning indicator and the ground is bone dry. Normally you'd see evidence of convection with those red returns, right? Eh, hopefully somebody's getting a downpour for a few minutes at least. It's just not us this time.

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

its coming. I expect a watch will be issued by mid - August unless we get a tropical storm. These hit and miss showers are good enough for farmers but not good enough to recharge the aquifers. The stream base flows are really starting to drop now as well. They were really high  this past spring. The topsoil horizon is like powder in the shale soils and the clay soils elsewhere are starting to crack. The lawns are brown because they are primarily  perennial ryegrass  cool season grasses that are not heat tolerant as well as drought tolerant. The heat is browning the lawns even if they are watered sufficiently.  The water tables are also falling rapidly in Lehigh county karst areas  as the water is literally being sucked out from the water bottlers. 

I gave up, it's pointless and cost money between the water and sewage. It's so brown/yellow in areas it's literally dead w/a dirt patch showing.

75F/DP 73F/drizzle but some stuff incoming 

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Looks like a two parter with more to come. Said something about dry and pissed off the weather gods it usually works.

You are probably in the best location for this "event". Pretty sure Philly got shafted, I'll get some but the most is up your way.

shafted.jpg

I actually got a surprise 0.05" from that between 1 - 3 am.  At this point, I'll take whatever dribs and drabs I can get, with the hope that it is at least "measurable".  Am now up to 0.77" of rain total for the month.

I bottomed out at 72 this morning and it's currently clearing, partly sunny, and 74 with dp 74.

Here in East Nantmeal Township in Chester County PA we picked up 0.44" of needed rainfall overnight into this morning. Some increasing chances of showers again tomorrow.
Our record high temperature today is the 101 degrees set back in 1944. The record low is 50 degrees from 1946. The daily rainfall record is the 3.47" that fell today in 1914.

image.png.b2b287b9fe19ec561b1761e37d8ab1a7.png

While the PHL airport with it's UHI contamination will fuel our climate alarmist friends....as through yesterday PHL is currently running as the 4th warmest July on record.  Climate analysis for July temp rankings across Western Chester County are unsurprisingly middle of the pack for July warmth through yesterday. With average temperature through yesterday / # of years of records / July 2022 ranking.

East Nantmeal (74.6) #60 of 129 years

Glenmoore (75.7) #27 of 66 years

KMQS (75.2) #8 of 15 years

just received the million dollar rain. Almost an inch of water thus far from this storm. 2 million drops is my best estimate. Finally a t storm just for the LV on the radar. This will help hydrate those thirsty lawns, especially with the nitrogen as there was actual some lighting with the the showers