• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

Today should be only our 11th above normal day during the entire month of June. We will finish the month with our first below average June since back in 2016.
The record high for today is 98 degrees set back in 1959. Our record low is the 45 degrees on this date in 1988. The record daily rainfall is the 2.29" that fell 101 years ago today back in June 1921.
image.png.6870d56fdd5aeb5d12149c6c5dd24ac1.png

Beauty of a day to be in or near the water. Low 80's inland across most of Chester County PA. Down the shore the sea breeze front crossed the island during the 11am hour....this helped knock temps down from our earlier high of 86.2 in Sea Isle City NJ to the upper 70's with a steady SE breeze.

Backyard.20220630_123726559.jpg

SicHi.20220630_123734461.jpg

18 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Had an unexpected high of 90 today (3rd for the month of June and #6 since May) and the dp managed to keep itself in check, generally staying in the upper 50s and low 60s.

It's currently bopping between 87 and 88, partly sunny with lot of cumulus, and sporting a dp of 62.

Currently 84F here, and sporting a not so sporty dp of 74. 

5 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Currently 84F here, and sporting a not so sporty dp of 74. 

It's definitely off to the races here this morning with temp at 87 and dp 75. :yikes:  Low was 70 just after 4 am with the steamy windows alert, so it didn't bother to wait for full radiational cooling around sunrise to start shooting up.  I did step outside earlier to put an ant bait in a potted citrus and ack. 

Here in Chester County we finished June with an average temperature of 68.0 degrees.. This is 1.4 degrees below our average June temperature. This June was the 30th coldest June since record keeping began back in 1888 here in Chester County. The coldest June on record was the 65.2 average temp back in 1907. The warmest June was the 78.0 average temperature back in 1943. It was also our chilliest first month of summer since 2012. We have still recorded no 90+ days this season. Our warmest temperature in June was the 86.7 degree reading on the 17th. Our coldest temp was the 49.5 low on the 20th. Precipitation for June was exactly average at 4.15"

image.png.46a94ff64db1d3eb691856a44121675f.png

11 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

That Reading storm whipped by JUST to my south. Really gusty right now, bright sun, and dark clouds to the south and west.

It's tracking right at me but rapidly dying too :huh: man I have seen zero storm action and its mid summer

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

That was the opening act which usually suck, better chance tomorrow.

Drunk neighbor currently exploding stuff on the ground and in the air...

80.jpg

Accuweather thinks it's extremely humid inside, lol. I get the fireworks thing totally, but it can get annoying unless you're setting some off yourself. We used to go to open spaces, didn't want to bounce a rocket off someone's house. Also the good stuff used to be not legal in PA, not sure about now, I know it's gotten more lenient.

48 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Accuweather thinks it's extremely humid inside, lol. I get the fireworks thing totally, but it can get annoying unless you're setting some off yourself. We used to go to open spaces, didn't want to bounce a rocket off someone's house. Also the good stuff used to be not legal in PA, not sure about now, I know it's gotten more lenient.

I don't mind it at all even if surrounding houses are blowing stuff off at 3am this weekend. I don't sleep well to begin with so it will add a little overnight entertainment.

You can buy some pretty good stuff in PA. A stone throw from me in lansdale, JTA neck of the woods. Open late so when your're loaded you can buy explosives...  

79F/DP 73F ...decent breeze.

explosives.jpg

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

I don't mind it at all even if surrounding houses are blowing stuff off at 3am this weekend. I don't sleep well to begin with so it will add a little overnight entertainment.

You can buy some pretty good stuff in PA. A stone throw from me in lansdale, JTA neck of the woods. Open late so when your're loaded you can buy explosives...  

79F/DP 73F ...decent breeze.

explosives.jpg

Cool. And nice breeze here too. When I was growing up all you could get in PA was sparklers. Although in the back of Popular Science there were classifieds, and once in a while there'd be ads for kits to make stuff. For $1.00 you could get a catalog and 100 feet of underwater fuse, lol.

Edit - nice lightning bug turnout tonight!

16 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Cool. And nice breeze here too. When I was growing up all you could get in PA was sparklers. Although in the back of Popular Science there were classifieds, and once in a while there'd be ads for kits to make stuff. For $1.00 you could get a catalog and 100 feet of underwater fuse, lol.

Edit - nice lightning bug turnout tonight!

Believe me, I remember that. A big hit at K-Mart. Smoke bombs as well...

Back then my father worked w/someone who knew someone in NC/SC (I think?) where firecrackers/other stuff were legal. He would get a variety of explosives transported back to PA.  

Saw a couple lightning bugs the past week...not a bunch but noticeable.

78F/DP 72F

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Believe me, I remember that. A big hit at K-Mart. Smoke bombs as well...

Back then my father worked w/someone who knew someone in NC/SC (I think?) where firecrackers/other stuff were legal. He would get a variety of explosives transported back to PA.  

Saw a couple lightning bugs the past week...not a bunch but noticeable.

78F/DP 72F

Got a decent firefly turnout in my back yard these days actually. Nothing like when I was growing up and seeing the entire woods behind my parents' house just light up with them, but better than in recent years past I think.

In regards to fireworks, I now live in a pretty dense suburban area full of 1/10th and 1/3rd acre lots. I'd love to be able to set off some fireworks but I have some really, really quiet neighbors that I am loathe to piss off in any way. My parents own a decent amount of rural land though, and while we've done some pretty good shows there in past years, we're meeting this year on the 3rd and it wouldn't feel quite right doing such a big production on the day before 7/4. (It's kind-of a haul to visit them, and my wife and I opted out of road-tripping there and back on Monday when we both have to be up super early for work on Tuesday. Really wish we both had Tuesday off, but meh.)

Anyway, looking forward to, but also dreading a little bit, tomorrow's supposed storms. I've got a 10lb pork shoulder going in the smoker around 5pm for an all-night smoke. Going to set up the 10' popup canopy as a precaution, hopefully it won't end up in the next zip code by Sunday morning. :lol::blink:

• Like 1