Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

83F/DP 66F

Did break out a decent sweat mowing/trimming. Most like due to higher DPs...predicted low tonight is 59F. 

Yeah I mistimed my mowing schedule this week and will either have to get up way early or just sweat it out tomorrow afternoon. Ugh. One day closer to fall though. :)

25 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Yeah I mistimed my mowing schedule this week and will either have to get up way early or just sweat it out tomorrow afternoon. Ugh. One day closer to fall though. :)

If your neighbors don't mind, start at 8am. I usually wait till 9am but if I have to do something else from 9am on I'll start at 8am.

Pattern continues. We'll see rather warm (no blowtorch) Sat/Sun then bam, storms/showers 70s Mon and 70s Tuesday. After that, no heat wave in the foreseeable future...

79F/DP 65F  

More clouds than sun the past 1-2hrs but may change mid-late afternoon. DPs have sucked in the 67-69F range...temps have been in the 86-88F range.

Have some stuff I want to BBQ but don't feel like being out in this heat/DPs as I am in comfy A/C currently. Maybe after sunset I'll fire up the grill...

After a 66 low this morning, I did make it to 91 as a high.  Although some of the high dps this morning did finally mix out, it was still a bit uncomfortable.

It's currently partly cloudy and 84 with dp 68.

This was the 2nd 90+ day this month and last month there were 3, so total 5 days that have reached 90+ this season so far.

6 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

After a 66 low this morning, I did make it to 91 as a high.  Although some of the high dps this morning did finally mix out, it was still a bit uncomfortable.

It's currently partly cloudy and 84 with dp 68.

This was the 2nd 90+ day this month and last month there were 3, so total 5 days that have reached 90+ this season so far.

I think we had more official heatwaves by this time last year, so while the relative reprieve has been nice, these kinds of days still suck. Current project is to lay out drip hose for the back garden so we aren't out watering past 10pm. Just laying it out today had us both overheated and exhausted.

When I was a kid, summer was something to look forward to. As an adult nearing middle-age, summer is something I have become accustomed to suffer through in order to get to the cooler months. I mean, I love how our area of PA is super green and beautiful this time of year, but I am not nearly equipped to handle this heat/humidity/hummus. 

12 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Lost the "cold" wave for 4th of July week 

Seems like "pop up" T-storms/showers galore throughout the 4th weekend w/average temps or so which is fine/expected. But no long term massive blow torches I see and snow/cold weenies should celebrate...

Under 90 days:

u90.jpg

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Seems like "pop up" T-storms/showers galore throughout the 4th weekend w/average temps or so which is fine/expected. But no long term massive blow torches I see and snow/cold weenies should celebrate...

Under 90 days:

u90.jpg

July 4th is 90F on the new ECM and before and after are turning into a heat wave look

• Weenie 1

9 hours ago, RedSky said:

July 4th is 90F on the new ECM and before and after are turning into a heat wave look

If only 90F for the 4th July , that's good. I remember roasting/sweating on the back deck w/temps  95-100F+ from previous years and a complete mess. Robert Hayes - Ted Striker style sweating. "Airplane".

Don't see long term heat...summer heat, yep.

Some rain on the way today with a cold front. Behind the front a return to below normal temps and humidity for Tuesday and Wednesday. Then a warm up to maybe our 1st 90+ day by the end of the week before another cold front passes or stalls near by for the weekend.
Our record high temperature today is the 98 degrees from 1963. The record low is the 48 degree reading from 1970. Daily record rainfall is the 2.55" from 1943.image.png.629a832d65a4144242d9d565316b58cb.png

Just missed 90 yesterday with a high of 89.  Had a low of 72 this morning and what sun there was early on, quickly disappeared fairly rapidly.

Have had a couple spotty sprinkles enough to moisten the sidewalk but non-measurable, and it's currently overcast and 77 with dp a sauna-like 72.  Need a good soaking rain to keep the plants happy.

Well the sun popped out but there are still leftover clouds and I did see the cells that bubbled up in S. Philly that traveled across the river into Camden County.

Made it up to 78 and after a steamy window day, it's currently 74 with dp still up there at 71 (cold front is near but not through with the drier air yet).  Ended up with 0.36" in the bucket.

16 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Well the sun popped out but there are still leftover clouds and I did see the cells that bubbled up in S. Philly that traveled across the river into Camden County.

Made it up to 78 and after a steamy window day, it's currently 74 with dp still up there at 71 (cold front is near but not through with the drier air yet).  Ended up with 0.36" in the bucket.

Got .28" here. Currently almost 80°F with the premise for a spectacular sunset through a partly cloudy sky. What a lovely, mostly cloudy/rainy day to work from home today. 

11 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Got .28" here. Currently almost 80°F with the premise for a spectacular sunset through a partly cloudy sky. What a lovely, mostly cloudy/rainy day to work from home today. 

I think I had the makings for a nice sunset but it wasn't colorful enough to qualify. :lol:

8 hours ago, Maxwell03 said:

1.06" today from the afternoon line of thunderstorms and the popup that moved through Camden County earlier. 

I would have loved to have gotten that much here so I could coast the rest of the week before the torch comes, but alas.

Ended up with a low of 63 this morning about 15 minutes after sunrise and well after the cold front finally came through.  It's currently mostly sunny and 66 with dp a manageable 56.  I could easily spot when that front came through just after midnight as the change was pretty dramatic!!

temp-dewpoints-weewx-715am-06282022.PNG

I had a somewhat surprising low of 59 this morning and made it up to 86 as a high.  Thanks to relatively modest dps, it made for an acceptable early summer day ahead of the upcoming torch.

It's currently partly cloudy and 82 although the dp is slowly creeping up and is 64, after being in the upper 50s much of the day.