Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Have a family member bitching about where summer is and that even with a solar pool cover they can't swim this year lol

Year without a summer eh?

Weatherbug family member? Tell him/her to quit being a wuss and jump in. Once in, your body will adjust rather quick. Parents had a above ground and I was definitely in there w/outdoor temps in the 60's/pool maybe 50s.

Appreciating these cool temps but still have that little heat miser guy in the back of my head saying we're going to get heat slammed at some point. 

Had a shower around 2:30pm to wet the ground and doom and gloom looking outside since...

dog.jpg

7 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Interestingly, that little skinny area of orange to the NNW of here is putting out some thunder. Currently 71F and cloudy, pretty comfortable out.

Screenshot_20220622-163559_copy_1375x1452_copy_374x394.png.273667be8b62b28c293bcd197a8e5379.png

Quite a train and still forming to the N. If it intensifies and you're on the tracks could see some decent totals...

train.jpg

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Quite a train and still forming to the N. If it intensifies and you're on the tracks could see some decent totals...

train.jpg

Put almost 1/4" in my back yard rain gauge. Hit just after I got home, too, which was nice, for me. Not so nice for my wife and my MIL--my wife was giving her mom a tour of the back garden. The sky opened up suddenly and they got a little wet. :lol:

3 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Put almost 1/4" in my back yard rain gauge. Hit just after I got home, too, which was nice, for me. Not so nice for my wife and my MIL--my wife was giving her mom a tour of the back garden. The sky opened up suddenly and they got a little wet. :lol:

Around your area and W (central PA) may see a decent amount.

Taking the trash down with low clouds, mist/drizzle... 

65F/DP 63F

17 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Weatherbug family member? Tell him/her to quit being a wuss and jump in. Once in, your body will adjust rather quick. Parents had a above ground and I was definitely in there w/outdoor temps in the 60's/pool maybe 50s.

Appreciating these cool temps but still have that little heat miser guy in the back of my head saying we're going to get heat slammed at some point

Had a shower around 2:30pm to wet the ground and doom and gloom looking outside since...

dog.jpg

I fear the same thing, too. Sensible weather wise, this late spring/early summer reminds me of 2002. (This is all from memory, so I could be way off--too lazy to look at the almanac.)

I think we had an early heatwave in May 2002 around Mother's Day. June and early July were pleasant with some heat spikes like this year, but nothing sustained. Around July 4th, we had a big cold front push through keeping our temp and humidity in check until about July 10th or so. Then we were off to the races. :sun:

The remainder of July, August and the first half of September were scorching and dry. I think we had some tropical remnants come through mid/late September that finally flipped the pattern.

The big difference between now and summer 2002 was we were heading into an El Nino that year. Just curious to see if this summer follows a similar course (cause we know how winter 2002-03 turned out.)  :snowing:.

63F/DP 62F

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Thinking it's going to take something major happening like Atlantic hurricane activity to break this permanent trough in the northeast/southeast Canada. 

Why on earth are you thinking of ways to break this pattern? I'm thinking of ways to keep it in place till Fall...it's perfect. 

66F/DP 63F

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Why on earth are you thinking of ways to break this pattern? I'm thinking of ways to keep it in place till Fall...it's perfect. 

66F/DP 63F

I'm with you on that, although we both know it's not realistic to expect it to hold. As long as it can hang around, I welcome it. I think RedSky (or a family member) wants it hot, and he's trying to reverse psychology it into existence, lol. It's a pretty safe bet they'll get their wish come July, but all things are possible.

23 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I'm with you on that, although we both know it's not realistic to expect it to hold. As long as it can hang around, I welcome it. I think RedSky (or a family member) wants it hot, and he's trying to reverse psychology it into existence, lol. It's a pretty safe bet they'll get their wish come July, but all things are possible.

I like the three HHH's in summer 

41 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

No question we'll get blasted at some point. The question is how long of a period. Blow torch for 2-3 days here and there then cool off a bit I don't mind. It's those damn heat waves (90+ HHH) for days/weeks on end are horrible...it alters my brain/mood chemistry. 

69F/DP 64F

• Weenie 1

46 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

No question we'll get blasted at some point. The question is how long of a period. Blow torch for 2-3 days here and there then cool off a bit I don't mind. It's those damn heat waves (90+ HHH) for days/weeks on end are horrible...it alters my brain/mood chemistry. 

69F/DP 64F

Likewise. If it's for a few days and there's a cold front (preferably with showers or tstorms) on the horizon, with a meaningful drop in temps and humidity (more than upper 80s for a day, lol) I find it easier to take. Keep it moving, in other words.