• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer 2022 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

Seems likely that it's going to get hot in the extended.  I think the bigger question is whether it is something that is sort of a run of the mill heat that we get with some frequency, or something more exotic that will be remembered for a long time.

So glad I was too young to remember the stench that was the summer of '92

If I’m not mistaken that was followed by an active Fall severe weather season as well. I remember 2018 being a pretty hot year as Toledo reached 90° 44 times which is impressive as hell considering it’s proximity to the lake.

What I couldn’t imagine up there would be the heat waves during the Dust Bowl. I’d love to see what those surface maps looked like with the Great Plains essentially being Phoenix East.

I do say all of this by the way while sitting at my pool in Charleston with current conditions of 91°/77° so I’m definitely jealous of your June-August climo

15 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

If I’m not mistaken that was followed by an active Fall severe weather season as well. I remember 2018 being a pretty hot year as Toledo reached 90° 44 times which is impressive as hell considering it’s proximity to the lake.

What I couldn’t imagine up there would be the heat waves during the Dust Bowl. I’d love to see what those surface maps looked like with the Great Plains essentially being Phoenix East.

I do say all of this by the way while sitting at my pool in Charleston with current conditions of 91°/77° so I’m definitely jealous of your June-August climo

Usually terrible summers like that one have a bit of a balancing out with a warmer Sept or Fall, also some nice Springs like in the 70s. June-Aug climo is good here but you have decent Spring/Fall where here we don't. 3 good months out of 12 still means a sucky climate here near the Lakes in SON.

Usually terrible summers like that one have a bit of a balancing out with a warmer Sept or Fall, also some nice Springs like in the 70s. June-Aug climo is good here but you have decent Spring/Fall where here we don't. 3 good months out of 12 still means a sucky climate here near the Lakes in SON.

Ahh that’s a good point. Hell I’d even see hard gradients when I lived in NW Ohio. There’d be April days where you’d see temps of 55° in Toledo with an east wind but 75° around Findlay/Lima. It’s truly amazing how different places like Toledo/Cleveland are compared to even Columbus in climate

Pretty hot look on the 12z EPS out in the extended, given the long lead time.

The best signal for the hottest/most persistent heat is more toward the Plains, which is pretty much climo anyway.  The more toward the Lakes you are, the more uncertain things get as far as intensity/duration.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, Hoosier said:

Pretty hot look on the 12z EPS out in the extended, given the long lead time.

The best signal for the hottest/most persistent heat is more toward the Plains, which is pretty much climo anyway.  The more toward the Lakes you are, the more uncertain things get as far as intensity/duration.

More turdy dry NW flow.  Becoming a desert here.  

28 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

You'd take your chances with this look if you like winter.  But it's the CFS a half year out, so...

usT2mSeaInd5.gif

usPrecSeaInd5.gif

I've heard rumblings that we could be looking at a El Nino come winter, and that outlook would go completely against the grain.