• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

0.41" here so far, with very light rain in progress.  I wonder how much we'll have by the end of tomorrow?

I remember Lee.  He dumped the greatest 24-hour rainfall I had ever measured with a little over 10".  At that point my basement flooded and took out quite a few storage boxes we kept there.  About 50 days later I recorded 6" of wet snow on 10/29.  That was a fun one to watch, being a Saturday.

Lancaster, York & Adams now added to the club… 

Flood Watch
National Weather Service State College PA
236 PM EDT Mon Sep 5 2022

PAZ064>066-061000-
/O.EXA.KCTP.FA.A.0007.220905T2000Z-220906T1600Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Lancaster, Gettysburg, and York
236 PM EDT Mon Sep 5 2022

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.

* WHERE...A portion of central Pennsylvania, expanded to include the
  following counties, Adams, Lancaster and York.

* WHEN...Through Tuesday morning.

* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
  creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
  - Numerous showers and scattered thunderstorms will develop
    this afternoon, and continue overnight into Tuesday morning.
    Some of these showers and storms will move slowly and produce
    heavy downpours. Many areas will have multiple showers and
    thunderstorms, leading to the possibility of flash flooding.
  - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood

Wife and I were out for hours eating lunch and shopping in Lancaster. Had to turn around 3 times due to flooded roads near Belmont. Got home to peeks of sun - neighbor was out front and looked at me like I was on a foreign substance when I told him about our little trip. He said it hasn't even threatened to rain here.

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wife and I were out for hours eating lunch and shopping in Lancaster. Had to turn around 3 times due to flooded roads near Belmont. Got home to peeks of sun - neighbor was out front and looked at me like I was on a foreign substance when I told him about our little trip. He said it hasn't even threatened to rain here.

Sun just went away here. Was out the last hour or so. 

Needed to have flash flood watches earlier.

19 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Question for anyone with an Ambient weather station. My station has stopped recording rainfall. It clicks when you pour water through it but doesn’t record it. All other data is recorded. Any thoughts?

I have one, but I'm currently 2,300 miles away from it. My guess is the sensor isn't reading and transmitting the data out of the gauge. I could be wrong though. There's probably an Ambient forum where someone from the company could answer your question better.

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Is more expected to back build? Radar is kinda paltry once this thin line passes MDT. 

CTP says this is only the beginning …

Tonight
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 68. Light southeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible. 
Tuesday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then showers likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 75. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

CTP says this is only the beginning …

Tonight
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 68. Light southeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible. 
Tuesday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then showers likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 75. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

And the back building statement is another good Fall Training comment.  

• Haha 1